Search the forum,

Discuss How to bleed Y plan system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone,

I’ve just changed my circulation pump and I only noticed before re-fitting that the diverting valve was set on HW.

So I must’ve drained the HW side to just below pump level?

Then I refilled and turned it on.

Is there any way I must bleed it now as it’s the HW side?

Sorry if stupid question, thanks!

Put valve into mid port

Bleed any air vents around the cylinder area

Turn system back on electrical put port valve off manual

Turn both heating and hot water on

Let pump run for a while then bleed pump via centre screw

Then bleed pump

Leave 24 hours unless problems

And air any air vents again

Just remember: air always rise above the water that is why air vents are placed at the high points, if you 3 port valve is a spring return type it will return to the HW position when power is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to bleed Y plan system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I seem to have lost a bleed nipple from one of my rads somehow. It’s a double rad, one side of the rad has a nipple, the other is gone and I need to bleed it to stop the bubbling noise. How can I fix this please? Is it possible to buy a new one and if so how do I know what to ask for...
Replies
Views
Customer complained of hot water tank getting hot when no demand Y plan system couldn't see any issues so I watched it Timer set to CH only, HW off Thermostat turned to on Heating comes on as normal, valve moved to CH position After around 20 minutes the 3 way valve moves to mid point and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock