Search the forum,

Discuss How stiff is 15mm copper coil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody familiar with 15mm copper off coil..
I need to supply a shower through a couple of joist holes.
plastic would would be easiest option but customer would like copper if possible
Just wondering how stiff it is to work with ?

Not too bad 22mm is a bugger

I was thinking it work hardens , so if can get it right in one !
( - stiffening a little each time it's bent more - )

I was thinking it work hardens , so if can get it right in one !
( - stiffening a little each time it's bent more - )

Copper tube does indeed work harden. You can also anneal it with a propane torch. You'd need to buy some, experiment, and then (I predict) decide to do it in plastic.

If you were lucky enough to be able to drill a hole in outside wall, or in extra joists if next room has joists running the opposite way, then you can feed ordinary straight copper lengths in easy.
Otherwise straight copper just will be about 14" max between 16" centres joists and solder connectors to use.
The 15mm copper coil is difficult but not impossible to use for a short piece. Take it slowly and with gradual slight bends. Drill the joist holes extra big also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How stiff is 15mm copper coil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock