Search the forum,

Discuss how much of your guys work is renewables ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

how much renewables work do you guys complete from week to week ? i assume the renewables work varies from location to location but is it worth it ? mcs seems like a pain in the bum to be honest .

We do the occasional solar or heat pump install on new builds but as we're not MCS and never will be it's not going to be a major source of income for us.

ok so im confused but i thought you couldnt do anything without the mcs ?

Same as mark really. Done a few solar thermal and gshp's.
Not mcs either.... cost is too prohibitive

ok i understand more of mcs now ! i just thought u couldnt do any renewables without being mcs.

I'm mcs I'm doing about 10% a year, you won't be able to get building control soon without mcs so all lads doing new builds will need it, happened to my dads company already, I had to go in and sort it all out and sign off, council were going to charge ÂŁ500 a day per house penalty. They've now got mcs.

I'm mcs I'm doing about 10% a year, you won't be able to get building control soon without mcs so all lads doing new builds will need it, happened to my dads company already, I had to go in and sort it all out and sign off, council were going to charge ÂŁ500 a day per house penalty. They've now got mcs.

will start looking into this. heard nothing about it

can't see why you'd need mcs if you're not claiming the rhi as long as it's installed and commisioned correctly it's nothing to do with the council

Well cambs council wouldn't sign it off without and then said they'd throw penalties on, it's happening like it or not. Personally don't think plumbers should be touching heat pumps as without training etc all I've seen is a big old mess

Cambridge council can't refuse to sign it off there's no legal obligation to be mcs registered to fit any renewable technology the building inspectors got his wires crossed

Apparantly not, building control wanted it signed off like gas and electric, it's what they want you can't argue and yes they can enforce it as a council

A month can vary, mostly just installing the hps then running to a buffer for some1 else to connect into and supply the rest of the building but normally doing either 2 air sources a week (most common) and some ground collectors can take a week depening if its bore holes or "slinklys!"
covering all over scotland, pretty much anywhere fold use oil. Not a lot of solor, thankfully cos im crap at removing tiles in 1 piece!

In Ireland, my business is approx 80% renewables even without any effective government grants or incentives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how much of your guys work is renewables ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock