Search the forum,

Discuss How many landlord inspections in a day? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

capitanpugwash

If you were to do a landlord inspection on a let properly but without a service (a whole different debate) this would take you how long?

So you are:

- averaging a boiler and cooker/hob per property
- working through a letting agent
- are given keys for access for all in morning
- all properties in the same town, so no more than 2 miles from office in total
- easy parking

How many inspections could you reasonably do in an 8am - 5pm day if doing all tests thoroughly?

I've heard a lot of wildly varying numbers but would be interested to hear your opinions.

Thanks

if all r/s boilers and no safety notices to complete 8-10 a day just plodding along.
filling out the paperwork is what takes up most of your time.

tightness test , visual inspection of appliance , flue , ventilation etc + gas rate or combustion test on the appliances is all thats required. if they want to pay for a service then thats different.

if all r/s boilers and no safety notices to complete 8-10 a day just plodding along.

tightness test , visual inspection of appliance , flue , ventilation etc + gas rate or combustion test on the appliances is all thats required. if they want to pay for a service then thats different.

totally agree, this is quite managable without any hassle depending on what you find

best making it clear to customer also that safety check is different from service

too true kg . what other number have you been quoted capt. ?

Heard some agency was paying ÂŁ20 a check and expecting 12 a day off you. Seemed a bit much if you are expected to do it properly?8-10 seems more reasonable but then the money doesn't seem so great!

Heard some agency was paying ÂŁ20 a check and expecting 12 a day off you. Seemed a bit much if you are expected to do it properly?8-10 seems more reasonable but then the money doesn't seem so great!

ÂŁ20? I'd tell them to go whistle.

for ÂŁ20 i would be buying a load of meter discs and failing a lot due to gas leaks, thats the only way you could do a "good" job for ÂŁ20's worth of work

for ÂŁ20 i would be buying a load of meter discs and failing a lot due to gas leaks, thats the only way you could do a "good" job for ÂŁ20's worth of work

Don't quite follow you there kirkgas? Then I can be a bit slow on the uptake!

i think he is saying he would "make sure" he finds a leak so he can disc the meter and not do the inspection as the carcass is leaking :)

Why makes perfect sense, you'll be in and out in 20 mins....

ÂŁ20 lol is some muppet doing them for this I actually hate landlords (not them al)
had one recently who i gave a price to change there pcb board and i got it at trade price added some cash on top as it was still working out cheaper than what he could buy it for.
the rodent actually phoned around all the part places pretending he was gas safe registered so they would give him the price ( the culprit is a large company who we all use but not part centre) actually gave him the price thinking he was gas safe.
He then phoned me up lol telling me I could get the part cheaper for him USING MY GAS SAFE CARD you can imagine what I said to him.

never underestimate the meanness of a landlord they would dig in human feaces to find a pound

8-10 a day ..? there is no way i could do that many and do everything you need to do.
Might be able to do 6 at most.

8-10 a day ..? there is no way i could do that many and do everything you need to do.

you will when you have more experience and do things in a logical order to minimise time wasted, as long as they are all straight forward and near each other it is no prob for experienced quality guys
say a flat with an internal gas meter and a decent looking RS condensing boiler, how long would it take you to : do a visual inspection, do a TT, FGA the boiler and write a report

you will when you have more experience and do things in a logical order to minimise time wasted, as long as they are all straight forward and near each other it is no prob for experienced quality guys
say a flat with an internal gas meter and a decent looking RS condensing boiler, how long would it take you to : do a visual inspection, do a TT, FGA the boiler and write a report
More experience ? I have been working on gas for over 20years .Even at BG we would only have to do about 5 landlord checks a day.

More experience ? I have been working on gas for over 20years .Even at BG we would only have to do about 5 landlord checks a day.

oh well, i'm not sure why you cant do what i said then, i can, sorry if you are offended, surely with BG you did more than 5 landlord checks a day even for social housing when you need to service the boiler, i thought BG got 50mins to "service" a bbu
how long would it take you to do the tasks i said?

only 5 a day at british gas? think they will more then likely be trying to get 12 from there books in guys now.
greeeeeeeeeeeed

glasgow city council (city building) avverage 8 services on boilers incorporating safety check.
If you got a fire and bbu and some boilers 6 services incorporating a safety check so surprised bg only want 5 out you

surprised you say that , the SG lads i worked with were doing 8 services/landlords , breakdowns they d away with 6.

only 5 a day at british gas? think they will more then likely be trying to get 12 from there books in guys now.
greeeeeeeeeeeed

The most you would have to do at BG would be 5 landlords as it counts as 2 jobs .
You don,t get that many landlords at BG anyway.

surprised you say that , the SG lads i worked with were doing 8 services/landlords , breakdowns they d away with 6.
You need to do about 10 services a day ..each app counts as a service so does the soundness test.
When i was on service at BG it was a very good/easy job

as kirk gas says its very achievable to do this many jobs in the social housing areas as all the jobs will all be roughly in the same area if not housing scheme..
it becomes second nature and it then becomes that you actually finish the jobs with time to kill and can either depending who the gaffer is go home early or skive

as kirk gas says its very achievable to do this many jobs in the social housing areas as all the jobs will all be roughly in the same area if not housing scheme..
it becomes second nature and it then becomes that you actually finish the jobs with time to kill and can either depending who the gaffer is go home early or skive
I guess .Never worked on social housing so i don,t know

You need to do about 10 services a day ..each app counts as a service so does the soundness test.
When i was on service at BG it was a very good/easy job

surely if you can do 10 BG 'services' a day you can do 10 cp12s . even having to hand write the report instead of just typing in y , n , y , n , y , y , y , on a cf18 :) i m sure you could manage

oh well, i'm not sure why you cant do what i said then, i can, sorry if you are offended, surely with BG you did more than 5 landlord checks a day even for social housing when you need to service the boiler, i thought BG got 50mins to "service" a bbu
how long would it take you to do the tasks i said?
Not too far off, I believe the average boiler service time for BG stands at 55 mins. So technically you would be expected to do a BBU in the 55 mins, but a standard HE combi might be in region of 30 mins so balances most of time as long as you not being hit with loads BBU's.

agy called me yesterday work for housing association !
service on gas appliances ÂŁ19 per property before the %20 tax
told them to go and do them self :)
got my self a job today for small firm all day rate ÂŁ180 as February has been very quiet

ÂŁ180 a day ? thats not too bad ... Ive been quite quiet also think I'll need to go out and try get some subby work

Any body need a gas plumber in Leeds let me know. Ideally 3/4 days a week

housing association contract coming in north London for a trustful company i did some work last year near Gatwick air port !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How many landlord inspections in a day? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock