Search the forum,

Discuss How long should it take for a my 28k Volkera bolier to heat a 170ltr tank. Cheers. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long should it take for a my 28k bolier (Volkera Easi-Heat Plus) to heat a 170ltr tank. Cheers.

Re: How long should it take for a my 28k Volkera bolier to heat a 170ltr tank. Cheers

Vented or unvented?

Re: How long should it take for a my 28k Volkera bolier to heat a 170ltr tank. Cheers

With heating on its a guess at best depends on what your heating requires

Could also depends on if piped up correctly and if the pipework/ heating coil on cylinder is sludged up.

If everything is piped up and working properly. Should take 25-35 mins

How long is it taking?

Boiler is a combi. Although useful to S plan and heat a cylinder, temperature of water to rads may not achieve fast recovery of cylinder.This boiler rating at 28Kw is for hot water. Output for heating is approx 24Kw max. Further diminished by heating mode, (start), supplying 75% gas for first 15 minutes bringing output down to 18Kw. This is still, in theory, capable of heating cylinder in 30 minutes but only with temperature of heating on max 80 degrees C and no heating going to radiators.

Thanks for all your replies given me plenty of information to work with. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How long should it take for a my 28k Volkera bolier to heat a 170ltr tank. Cheers. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello want to know on how do you calculate size of expansion tank for closed heating systems . for example 500 meters of 16mm underfloor heating and 4 double ~1000mm radiators , hot water cylinder coil , and oil boiler
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I should be going 10-60 degs in 30-40 mins by my maths. Don't even mention trying to heat HW and CH at the same time. 30 mins with the immersion adds...
Replies
Views
All of my London house plumbing is being redone, with a heatpump heating a DHW tank, and a hot water recirculation system. With the hot water normally at 50-55C in the tank, but occasionally heated to 70C for disinfection, I want to ensure a consistent end user experience, so thinking of...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock