Search the forum,

Discuss How long does it take to service a boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better yet, don't bother with the servicing.
Well, it may not be better.

...don't bother with car MOT or dentist!?

Condensing Worcester boilers require Air/Gas ratios to be checked. in service mode. Both at High/Low levels. The fan pressure has to be checked to make sure the heat exchanger is clean. If the readings aren't found to be within the manufacturers required tolerances, then the heat exchanger will have to be cleaned. This would mean the seal connecting to the primary heat exchanger will have to be replaced. etc. Non condensing boilers are easier to service.

anywhere between 30m and 2 hours, depends what needs doing it could be ÂŁ10 for the work and ÂŁ40 to know what needs doing!
with a combi, you dont touch what dosnt need attention it just needs to be checked that its good.
i shine a high powered torch into the condense traps and it s like an x-ray. if its clear then i save 10mins fiddling it on and off...

...don't bother with car MOT or dentist!?

well, that's why I said it may not be a good idea.
I don't bother with the dentist myself...

But to stick to the analogy, MOT would be the gas safety check and car servicing would be the boiler servicing, so stick with the MOT so all is safe and think skip the servicing if all you're going to get is the MOT again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How long does it take to service a boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock