Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss How flexible is 22mm Hep2o pipe? in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. DavidJ

DavidJ New Member

Are the 3m straight lengths of 22mm pipe as flexible as the coiled pipe e.g. can I take it around corners without adding 90 degree elbows?

The shortest coil of 22mm Hep2o barrier pipe is 25m long which is much more than I need.

2. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

It's exactly the same product.
    The coiled stuff has a natural bend one way due to the coiling.
    The straight stuff does not have a natural bend due to - being straight.
    Bending around corners should make no difference as long as the radius of the bend is within specifications.
    If you're using it on hot water supply and the radius is too tight, the pipe can kink on itself.

3. DavidJ

DavidJ New Member

I've checked the spec for the bend radius (176mm) but wanted to double check it applied to the straight lengths too. Thanks.

4. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Can you get the plastic bend formers still?
    It's a plastic guide you clip onto the pipe and it will hold it at 90 degrees

5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yes you can

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Plumber

Out of interest I've found HEP2O & Polypipe pipe more flexible than JG.

Also you can get someone makes in 6m straight lengths.