Discuss How far can a Oil pump draw from tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

That was interesting Miicklemus75, although I wonder why you quoted my post? Did I say something your experience disagrees with?
No not at all..... I know I waffle on quite a bit but I suppose we have been in the job of helping folks whenever we can which has been lifelong for me....... I say what I have done with more than 50 years of experience but many might not agree...... That's no problem to me because I only go to one oil fired boiler apart from the interesting experimentation I do with our own oil fired boiler.....As I said I've fitted plenty of brake lines with all flared joints but have never put sealant on them only a smear of grease to bed the joint and help to undo it by those who may follow my installations. As I said though without a smear of the appropriate sealant some compression joints may leak just when you don't want them to. If possible tighten them once an forget them or should I say test them. One golden rule I stick to is that is essential to keep an open mind and at 78 I'm still learning. I must admit though I do sometimes think where on earth has that been taught when reading some posts. If a person wants to or feels the need to flare all oil line joints then that is their prerogative.

I totally understand and agree with you. Sorry I was misreading you. Yes it would be handy for an engineer to have a oil pipe sizing info but I've never found one lol. I also share a similar view to you in regards to always learning. Some people claim their fully trained but theres always something new to learn

I totally understand and agree with you. Sorry I was misreading you. Yes it would be handy for an engineer to have a oil pipe sizing info but I've never found one lol. I also share a similar view to you in regards to always learning. Some people claim their fully trained but theres always something new to learn
I put the mid way data re the bore size which is 100 metre long and three bore sizes! up to 8mm id. There must be the table on the leaflet I have which was supplied with the first bio diesel Tiger Holme device I have in situ.It could be about ten years old! As I said any one can make a mistake and that includes me who fitted a check valve at the end of the suction line 8mm ID. Sure enough it was stuck almost shut. I had a good laugh about some one in the USA who 'proved' it was the check/none return valve that was stopping circulation by putting the hoses in a bucket level with the burner then going down steps to a lower floor (god knows how he got temporary pipework to that level. he then said well the burner works well with those set ups so it might be the check valve! He was right so removed the check valve and presumably got paid for a full day and perhaps nights work fiddling about! I thought what a pantomime....... why didn't he go to check the none return first?........ Perhaps the customer was loaded and he knew it? A fuel distribution company used to tell me don't bill them we'll do it...... On the odd occasion the folks I billed directly were absolutely loaded but on the main they were ordinary working folks. One well breached customer said once 'they' double your bill you know !!!! I'm not surprised at that.
The gaffer's got to maintain his country mansion hasn't he? And I know they fish in the most expensive salmon river every year as well, millionaires water. I must not tread on any toes.

Reply to How far can a Oil pump draw from tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Been in property about 10 years and the valve on the (round/bunded) Balmoral tank has always been in pretty rusty state. Tank is 5,000 litres but...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all - hoping someone knowledgeable can help as I'm super confused by this.... I have a standard system / gravity fed boiler, large cold tank...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello all, I should start off by stating that I'm not in the industry - I'm just a DIYer with a "what-if" idea. Hybrid systems and solar...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock