Currently reading:
How does water in mains pipe make a noise like water running?

Discuss How does water in mains pipe make a noise like water running? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

In our semi-detached house - and also other houses 50 yards away recently had an issue whereby we could hear the mains water pipe sounding like water was running somewhere - not the actual trickling of water - but the sound of like a high pitch hum etc 24/7.

The water board inspector came out and said there is air in the mains pipe somewhere - about 2 weeks later our mains cold tap 'burped' out a huge dose of air and the noise has stopped...
My question is - how can air in a mains pipe make the pipe sound like there is water running somewhere - when in fact the water isn't running? Anyone?
PS the problem appears to be fixed but I am curious to know what makes the noise.

Reply to How does water in mains pipe make a noise like water running? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Replies
Views
davevincent
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock