Search the forum,

Discuss How do you arrange the stuff in your van? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I ever drive past a Lidl I'll mentally note where it was and drive back that way so I can pop in.

I love the centre aisle that has all the weird /wonderful stuff in it.

If I ever drive past a Lidl I'll mentally note where it was and drive back that way so I can pop in.

I love the centre aisle that has all the weird /wonderful stuff in it.[/QUOTE

My lido drill well outlasted my makita, love lido, I should be an ambassador!

carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
all my vans had carpet, cant beat it. were not talking axminster, just cheap off cuts.lol it also stops your gear sliding and banging about
also soaking up spills. i used to use the old carpet as a template and change every time a new piece came along, look...........persian 1333129999419.jpg lol

Last edited by a moderator:
what drill was it?

Ive had them all, but the best by far is the smallish 10.8 volt lithium ion one. Pitched against my makita version it thrashed it. Only paid ÂŁ30 and I believe they are in this week. 3 year guarantee and 1 year for trade use. Thinking of buying another one. Honestly well worth parting with the cash!

I love the centre aisle that has all the weird /wonderful stuff in it.

what the elastic bras, granny pants and other weird womens clothes that some plumbers luv to buy!!!!!:ciappa:

all my vans had carpet, cant beat it. were not talking axminster, just cheap off cuts.lol it also stops your gear sliding and banging about
also soaking up spills. i used to use the old carpet as a template and change every time a new piece came along, look...........persian View attachment 11546 lol

Has someone nicked all your tools!?! :)

nah, used to have it all in tote bins, this was taken for the 'van for sale pics' sold as is before i got my
land rover;)
you posted up pics of your 110 racked out cant find them,give me ideas what i can do with mine

you posted up pics of your 110 racked out cant find them,give me ideas what i can do with mine
IMG_0138.jpgIMG_0137.jpgIMG_0136.jpgIMG_0135.jpg

there 'dept store' crates 4 off, theres a drill box depth tray beneath these for sliding drills in & standing upright on the floor. there is 2 big 'bass' boxs for the sound up front top.lol followed by 2 large sandwich boxes for talon clips and solvent welds. next there is a gap for bits (wd 40, trv's etc) next near back door is 2 stanley boxes that fit perfect in the space. from the back door right box at bottom are tools, skill saw grinder etc, toilet parts above, drainage, then the weird box of bits. boiler parts on other side, fittings plumbing spares etc.
tool boxs down the middle and in back seat wells behind caging, cock key spirit level saws hoses at the back. multi ladder up in roof on cage and timber rest and the dogalarm.lol
and i can still get a boiler box and 900x450 cylinder down the middle

Last edited by a moderator:
dont get another brown one, resale value will be pooh:), dont forget the chancellor is about to increase diesel prices again!!!!!!!!!!

diesel all the way, but I'd hate to fill a defender on a regular basis, my Vdub costs enough, and I have found it cheaper to buy another small car than let madam run round in my discovery all the time, especially as she keeps bending it.

coz if it drinks fuel in the same way as my disco, Id be broke running it as a van, soo greedy.

but you cannot off set your fuel bill on your disco can you, unless its the 3rd van in your fleet? what mpg does the vw & connect do? my last one did 25 urban!.

dont do urban just country side:), in all honesty never bothered to check just fill up as req, and the landy requires filling at least once a week if Im running it in the winter, vw transporter and I can get away with a full tank every 10 days at times. hence why the missus used to have my old kangoo till it drowned, now shes getting the daughters cast off modus (only cast off to me as no one wanted it!!)

i used to put ÂŁ30 in the transit last year per week and the landy ÂŁ30-40 but then fuel has gone up and at the end of the day, comes of deductables...best of all i get to use it!. might try running it on chicken fat though and get myself a bio plant.

Quiet day today so sorted the van & the garage out! Put all my tools where they should be & restocked all fittings! I'm a bit anal with things being in their right place, especially as my brother works with me & goes to the van & just throws stuff back wherever! ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363357292.346210.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363357309.214435.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363357324.984115.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363357342.357388.jpg

what's the purpose of the two bent bits of copper on the back, right hand side door Tom?

what's the purpose of the two bent bits of copper on the back, right hand side door Tom?

It's a frame that goes together to hang the pipe freezer on with the scales so you know how much refrigerant you've got left in a bottle. I've got an Arctic Pipe Freezer.

whats the mallet for?

Nothing exciting or special, just find it easier using a mallet when using wood chisels etc. My brother's a carpenter so if I'm working with him I help chop out for hinges on doors etc.

That tool bag is my general hand tool bag. My plumbing tool kit is next to it on the left in the rigid plastic Stanley box.

and lidl tools have a three year guarantee! my wet vac has done me proud so far

That's good. I've just started on my Lidl wet vac (think it's called a Parker??).

Hope it's good. I killed my Wickes one draining the last few litres from a seriously hot thermal store. Poor thing was belching steam, so I'm not suprised.

It was still working but started to trip RCD's a few days later, so I thought best of it, and chucked it.

I can't remember - sorry. I've got a pile of receipts to go through, so it will be in there somewhere. Must have been fairly cheap otherwise I wouldn't have bought it! Think about ÂŁ35.

friend of mine always bangs on about them, says he uses it to drain down the system before he alters any pipe work i.e above ceilings an the systems always bone dry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do you arrange the stuff in your van? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock