Search the forum,

Discuss How Do Jaga Rads Coordinate with Room-Thermostat? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Jaga radiators (with heat-exchangers) have their own small fans, that "will modulate down when the room temperature is met – the room temperature is measured by a sensor at the base of the radiator", says Jaga. How does this coordinate with a standard room-thermostat, which of course shuts off the boiler-circulation when room-temp is reached? Should the rad's own sensor be set the same as the room-thermostat?
(I haven't got them yet, but considering two for the main knock-through living room, 2,200cu ft, running of a Vaillant condensing boiler, and using a low flow-temp setting.)

It’s not the room temp it turns the fan on when the flow into the fins is within limits and shuts off when it’s outside these

Eg turns on at 40 and goes off at 30 etc

I would use weather comp and fiddle with the curve until you have it right etc

It’s not the room temp it turns the fan on when the flow into the fins is within limits and shuts off when it’s outside these

Eg turns on at 40 and goes off at 30 etc

I would use weather comp and fiddle with the curve until you have it right etc
Ok, good. Do they work well at low flow temps? (bit of a broad question...)

Yes very well better than stnd rads only down side is the noise from the fan

Oh dear, was worried about that... a noise etc website compared the 40db (of these rads) to 'the noise of a quiet library', but you're suggesting it's noisier than that..?

Well radiators don’t make a sound so it’s one of them in a bedroom I wouldn’t but where you have background noise you could probably get away with it

The only reason you would put Jaga convectors in with a fan would be in a area where a fanless unit would not provide enough heat.
In a bedroom scenario, put a unit in that is sized so it will not need a fan.

Reply to How Do Jaga Rads Coordinate with Room-Thermostat? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock