Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss How do I start the heating without my thermostat (iIdeal logic combi 24 with prt2 thermostat) in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Daviejoe

Daviejoe New Member

Help!
    I have a iIdeal logic combi 24 with prt2 thermostat.
    I've broken the thermostat and now it will not communicate with the boiler.
    How do I start the heating without the thermostat. The house is freezing and my pregnant wife is about to murder me.

2. daWilko

daWilko Member

Hi - sorry to hear about your troubles !
    There are live wires inside the stat, so unless you're confident with safe isolation its dangerous to open it up.

3. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

If you are confident with wiring then simply put a link between the terminals inside the prt2 to bypass the stat. Do I need to say turn the electric off first and then double check there is no power to it before you do anything.

4. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Best be safe mate hire a proffesional just get it replaced.regards kop

5. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Does he mean a 2 part stat ? Receiver/transmitter or a standard room stat

6. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

Think he means the Potterton PRT2 room stat.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Have you got the left hand part fitted into the boiler?
    [​IMG]

8. Daviejoe

Daviejoe New Member

Thanks for the replies.
    I've managed to rebuild the thermostat and cowboy a fix on the PCB to get it transmitting again. The timer side of things is goosed though. Oh well at least we can get heat now.