Search the forum,

Discuss How do i fill up Mynute 14SE, Pressure at 0.1 BAR in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the meoment the heating seems to be working, but while doing the washing today i noticed the boiler says the BAR is at 0.1 BAR. I have noticed when it fires up it goes to 0.5 BAR which is just in the red. Everything i have read says i need to get this to 1 - 1.5 BAR but I can't seem to find the flexible inlet that the guides i've seen say to use. I've taken photos around my boiler, and i'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

As you may have guessed i'm a complete novice at this, and I didn't realise you had to put pressure in a boiler, never done it before in my life.
IMG_20171126_104735.jpg
IMG_20171126_104751.jpg
IMG_20171126_104758.jpg
IMG_20171126_104830.jpg

Hi there,

It seems like the filling loop is above the boiler. You could open it slowly and see if the pressure will raise.

I forgot to say i did wonder if its the pipe in the second picture which is above the boiler. If so everything I've read said this shouldn't be permanently connected? and I've been in this house 2 years now and i never connected it. If it is that what harm does it do leaving it connected? Is it just a safety measure?

ok so switch the boiler off and turn 1 of the taps a bit and see if it rises. Once at right pressure turn the boiler back on?

Yes I've done that it worked :) Thanks for your help
Think i'm basically a fully qualified plumber now ... lol

The rules say always disconnect the hose , but in practice nobody does, theres a good chance if you disconnected that it would leak on to the boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do i fill up Mynute 14SE, Pressure at 0.1 BAR in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock