Search the forum,

Discuss How desperate have you been for a basic part on a job and what have you done to get round it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Just got in from fitting an electric shower (yes its Sunday at 9:00pm) and would have given my arms and legs for 12" of 6mm cable, even thought about driving home and pulling it out of the walls I managed in the end by chopping some of the plastic out.

In the past I've been so desperate for little bits of wood to get floorboards down I've ripped apart my van shelves.

:D been there, just buy a roll of 10mm

In the past I've been so desperate for little bits of wood to get floorboards down I've ripped apart my van shelves.

Yeah I've done that. Although I think times when you to innovate end up being quite useful in the whole learning process. It teaches you a lot about 'tolerances'

I`ve ripped apart a brand new pump to rob it of a ÂŁ10 part before now.

I once knew a carpenter who ripped out the internal ply used to line the van he was using to board up a broken window at night...his boss wasn't impressed it was a brand new hire van lol...brum

Cut up my pipe rack for that 2ft piece of soilpipe I needed.

Re-used a bit of 1 1/2" ABS waste. It wasn't that old though, and I did clean it.

I thought of this thread as I made my own core drilling dust extractor yesterday. Worked a treat.
DSCI0464.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How desperate have you been for a basic part on a job and what have you done to get round it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
Had a job booked in this morning, renew all rads in the property. Downstairs rads are in solid floor so customer said just change rads and alter pipe to suit. Would be using extensions where possible but obviously made customer aware whatever happens won't look as good as bringing the pipes...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping for a bit of advice. We are in the process of renovating an old house and as part of that work we are upgrading the old 1980s boiler and gravity fed system with a new boiler and unvented cylinder. I got a load of quotes, went for a guy we thought seemed ok and checked that he was...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock