Search the forum,

Discuss Hourly/day rate for sub contracting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just interested in what people think is a better way to do things. Working across yorkshire/Lancashire coast to coast doing general plumbing repairs/installs as a subcontractor. Now I'm currently on a day rate which i think is pretty good but I don't charge mileage. Can do a minimum 300 miles Monday to Friday. Managed 450 by Wednesday recently. So do people prefer an hourly rate plus a mileage or a day rate with or without mileage?

50p a mile on top of day rate ours is

Cheers for the advice. One more question.
It's terms of charging mileage. Who I sub to pays my tax through cis. So when I invoice next will they pay my mileage after tax deductions?

Be carful contracting like this if this is the only work your doing for one companay the tax office could class you as not self employed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hourly/day rate for sub contracting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

As a level 2 qualified plumber, currently completing level 4 gas, what is a fair hourly/day rate to charge when sub contracting in the west yorkshire area?
Replies
Views
Hey guys, recently had a bit of a dispute over a quote asking me to break it down etc saying they can buy this from X for Y.. how much is labour/materials.. shockingly it was from friends so it's taken its toll on me mentally if I'm honest.. I'm don't think I'm outrageously pricey but I do a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Last year, whilst working for a plumbing firm, we managed our team and office with a web and mobile app. Rather than use anything off the shelf, I built my own system using with an app building software. Think Wix/Wordpress but for apps and a lot more complicated. This worked out a lot...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Looking to 'crowd-source' some public opinion on this one. I bought a studio apartment on 30th September 2022 and I'm currently working with contractors to refurbish it. I'm 39 and it is my only property (I'm no property tycoon). Next door's bathroom is on the other side of the wall to my...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock