Search the forum,

Discuss hotun tundish anyone installed them in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellfire

Gas Engineer
need some advice installing hotun dry trap tundish
what temperature rated solvent weld waste pipe 32mm is recomended
and regs

I always understood, but I stand to be corrected, that all TRV discharge pipe work had to be metal. But looking on the Hotun website it shows the tundish on the unvented cylinder connected to what looks like uPVC
I have in the past used the Hepvalve with tundish adaptor connected to 22mm copper bossed into a soil stack which I believe satisfies the G3 regs

cant be solvent weld, needs to be good quality push fit or copper/ steel

Luke-Beard-310deg-225x300.jpg
sorry some more information ,type of installation i was thinking
pic taken from hotun wbsite

may i ask why you need this information ?

Getting an estimate together or a customer boiler and unvented cylinder location in basement. Just looking at options for the prv valves

if domestic boiler your fine using solvent weld

but if on unvented cylinder needs to be either push fit waste pipe or copper / metal

hope this helps

Thanks for the advice. is push fit waste pipe temperature rated and would it satisfie the G3 regs

From the Hotun website;
Discharge pipework (D2)
The use of standard push fit and solvent weld is generally not allowed for connections to PRV's due to the temperatures normally
expected.
If push fit or solvent weld waste pipework is used as a discharge pipe, then the installer MUST be able to demonstrate, if it comes under scrutiny to the local council building control officer, that the installation is compliant.
For this reason, RA Tech UK Ltd recommend the universal adoption of only using HDPE or PP waste pipework

From the Hotun website;
Discharge pipework (D2)
The use of standard push fit and solvent weld is generally not allowed for connections to PRV's due to the temperatures normally
expected.
If push fit or solvent weld waste pipework is used as a discharge pipe, then the installer MUST be able to demonstrate, if it comes under scrutiny to the local council building control officer, that the installation is compliant.
For this reason, RA Tech UK Ltd recommend the universal adoption of only using HDPE or PP waste pipework

http://www.nhbc.co.uk/Builders/Prod...uidanceDocuments/81/filedownload,65382,en.pdf

Thanks for the advice. is push fit waste pipe temperature rated and would it satisfie the G3 regs

Good quality yes just check its bs rated

on my freinds plumbuing site the hottun is getting poor reviews, never fitted one but worth checking out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hotun tundish anyone installed them in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock