Search the forum,

Discuss Hotter water with showerhead on the floor? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JamesD

Hello, I'm in need of some advice before renovating the bathroom.

I have a normal gravity fed shower that has appalling water pressure and usually takes about 10 mins to warm up. I noticed this morning that if I leave the shower head on the floor the hot water comes though much quicker and cools off again when I raise the shower head back up before eventually heating up.

Is this due to the cold water overpowering the hot water flow so its predominantly cold. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance
James

It is due to the head of pressure available higher the shower head the less head of water you have lower the shower head the mored head of water you have you need to have a shower pump fitted or a compleate hotwater upgrade cheers kop

It is due to the head of pressure available higher the shower head the less head of water you have lower the shower head the mored head of water you have you need to have a shower pump fitted or a compleate hotwater upgrade cheers kop
Thanks KOP. We are heading down the pump route so good to have confirmation its the right direction.

Salamander shower pumps bud screwfix do a good selection affordable and do the job well

Just make sure you:
- put additional tank capacity in loft
- pipe the pump according to instructions
- fit FULL BORE isolating valves
- makes sure pump electrical supply has at least an RCD behind it

Check the cold isn't on the mains also..., you never know. Had that before! Plus check for restrictive valves/blocked filters in existing shower pipework. The hot and cold on a gravity fed system have the same head of water..... but the hot has far more restrictions to it, especially when mr DIY has been at it and put countless light pattern ISO's and flexis in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hotter water with showerhead on the floor? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock