Discuss Hot water storage cylinder timer installation in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Thank you all.

I meant 5:30 to 7:30am (the last slice of my off-peak rate), but from @Murdoch 's response I am assuming this might not be necessary? The tank uses 7kWh over 7 hours which seems a lot but maybe that's normal? I can't access the timer, it's controlled by my electric meter.

The tank is in a small cupboard but not insulated, would installing an insulation jacket help reduce costs?

What are the risks of not having it serviced? My landlord doesn't seem open to the idea.

Thank you

The tank is in a small cupboard but not insulated, would installing an insulation jacket help reduce costs?

So the hot tank isn't insulated, so the minute its up to temperature its losing heat.

7kw isn't much for hot water BUT would be less if the tank was properly insulated. - something maybe you could do for not much cost.

Don't even consider a timer until its insulated AND remember the over night usage is all the appliances in the property too.

A bit disappointing that the landlord doesn't think this is an issue

Thanks, I'll insulate it then. Would the cylinder jacket below work on its own?

(The 7kW is for the tank alone, taken in the summer. These days my night usage is more like 35kW with my storage heaters...)

Also, are there health risks to not having the tank serviced, such as Legionnaires' disease for instance? I read that that wasn't a risk as long as the water isn't stagnant and heated to at least 50C?

Attachments

• mangers-4-piece-cylinder-water-tank-jacket.jpg
    mangers-4-piece-cylinder-water-tank-jacket.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 8

Reply to Hot water storage cylinder timer installation in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back