Search the forum,

Discuss Hot Water Pressure Only on Kitchen Tap Poor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

G M

Hey folks,

I had my heating system installed about 6 months ago. It is an unvented, pressurised system and the water pressure on all taps throughout the house is great; hot and cold. The only exception is the kitchen hot water tap and I have no idea why. The utility room hot tap which is right next to the kitchen is also excellent. Any ideas what this might be? Maybe there is a valve not fully open somewhere? Appreciate the suggestions. Thanks!

Could be a valve below the tap closed etc need pics / a plumber to look if it's not something simple like a valve

Hey folks,

I had my heating system installed about 6 months ago. It is an unvented, pressurised system and the water pressure on all taps throughout the house is great; hot and cold. The only exception is the kitchen hot water tap and I have no idea why. The utility room hot tap which is right next to the kitchen is also excellent. Any ideas what this might be? Maybe there is a valve not fully open somewhere? Appreciate the suggestions. Thanks!
Kinked flexible hose maybe?

Kinked flexible hose maybe?
I'm not sure. I checked under the sink and there is a connecting pipe that connects to a hot mains copper pipe which goes into the ground. The valves on the interconnecting pipe are both fully open. I would imagine this supply runs under the ground through to the unvented system rather than through the attic like most of the other pipes (it is a bungalow). Thanks.

It's a mixer tap and the cold water pressure is great. Is the single aerator separated in some way? Thanks
It is the nozzle on the end of the tap where the water comes out. It has little hole I and the cold comes out some of the holes and the hot the other.

Reactions: G M
Is your tap quarter turn to open? Or one you fully unwind to turn water on?

Does it feel like it is operating properly? Smoothly and at the same amount of travel as the cold tap?

I would also be looking for a kinked hose, can you see a silver braided hose under the tap? Does it look like it’s at a sharp angle anywhere?

Stu

Reactions: G M
Is your tap quarter turn to open? Or one you fully unwind to turn water on?

Does it feel like it is operating properly? Smoothly and at the same amount of travel as the cold tap?

I would also be looking for a linked hose, can you see a silver braided hose under the tap? Does it look like it’s at a sharp angle anywhere?

Stu
Thanks Stu. It doesn't feel like there is much pressure coming from the tap or the nearby pipes. the connecting pipe goes into the ground but I don't know where it terminates at the other end. At least I don't see any valve at the other end that may be partially closed.

There is indeed silver braided hose at the bottom of the tap. One for the hot and one foe the cold. No issues with the cold tap whatsoever. They then connect into a white rubber (I think) pipe and then into a copper piper that just sticks out of the ground. All valves are fully open as far as I can see. I'll post a pic tomorrow if it helps with a solution. Cheers for the advice!

It is a well know trouble with flexible tap connectors, if they have been installed tightly they can easily kink, which will reduce the flow.

Also, has it always been poor flow? Or just since changing system?

Also, my first couple of questions refer to the operation of the tap it’s self, as in the hot and cold tap handles.

A picture paints a thousand words, we will be look for the silver braided hose sections in particular

Stu

It is a well know trouble with flexible tap connectors, if they have been installed tightly they can easily kink, which will reduce the flow.

Also, has it always been poor flow? Or just since changing system?

Also, my first couple of questions refer to the operation of the tap it’s self, as in the hot and cold tap handles.

A picture paints a thousand words, we will be look for the silver braided hose sections in particular

Stu
I’m with you mate. I did mention hoses earlier. Be interesting to see a pic

Like S.P.S said has it been like it since new cylinder was fitted as could be a peice of foam insulation that was in the cylinder and has found its way into the smaller pipes of your bi-flow mixer tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot Water Pressure Only on Kitchen Tap Poor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Got intermittent hot water coming the from a combi boiler to kitchen mixer tap when it hits the T junction for the upstairs bath it's hot, but on the other of the T junction to the kitchen mixer tap it's stone cold, anyone any ideas ?
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock