Currently reading:
Hot Water only comes on if Heating is on?

Discuss Hot Water only comes on if Heating is on? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys,

I've just bought a new property which has a gravity fed system with Worcester Bosch boiler which was fitted around 7 years ago.

I've replaced the copper cylinder for a CenterStore 210L Unvented Pressurised Cylinder but I haven't pressurised my heating, just the water only.

My plumber had issues with the wiring saying it's due to there not being a permanent live in the aeran cupboard (where the cylinder is).

Now my Hot Water only comes on if my heating is on?...but then I have to turn the thermostat right down as I don't actually want the heating on!

Any advice on this?...I also want to install a Nest or Hive but want to get this issue sorted before I get that installed.

Any pics of the install ? Eg cylinder and boiler

Haven't got any of the boiler but will get some tomorrow but here is the cylinder.

boiler.jpg

boiler 2.jpg

Im newish to this side of the business. I don’t understand why there is a need for a 2 port valve for the hot water, after the 3 port valve, which is also on the same circuit as hot water. Anyone able to explain?

I do not know why you have a motorised valve on your coil feed, when there is a 3 port from the pump??? Either take it back to it's original Y plan or better still convert it to S plan. All the wires you need are there already, as you have the 3 port installed. I think you need to get a GSR in that knows how to correctly wire up heating systems.

Thanks for your response guys. Am I better off getting an electrician in or a Gas safe registered plumber? I’ll get them to install the Nest at the same time.

My electrician is in the house later today so he said he would have a look for me.

House is getting ceilings skimmed and repainted etc so would rather get this work done now.

Depends on if the spark knows how to wire heating

A lot of sparks now understand heating systems as a lot are doing more and more as they are getting more and more complicated I know loads of plumbers that wont go near the wiring.

Ask them to have a look whilst their there.

Reply to Hot Water only comes on if Heating is on? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock