Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water from cold tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I’ve noticed that when I have my heating on a lot like at the moment, when I turn on the cold tap on the basin in the bathroom that for the first 3-5 seconds the water that comes out is hot and after that goes back cold and stays cold, should I be worried?

I have a y-plan system which is sealed with a vented cylinder so only one tank in the loft and can confirm that the motorised valve appears to be operating properly as I’ve had the cover off and watched it move when I turn on and off hot water and heating in different sequences, the tank stat works as when hot water is on and it reaches temperature the boiler switches off, and I’ve been told previously that it’s probably caused by the heating pipes running alongside the cold water feed to the bathroom before they spur off in different directions.

Thanks in advance.

Should be fine sounds like a heating pipe is close to a cold water pipe and is warming it up

Thanks, that’s good to know!

I’m guessing that the draw off point for the cold water supply to the bathroom would be at the bottom of the tank whereas the vent pipe presumably goes into the top of the tank so even if it was venting into the tank, it wouldn’t effect the water at the bottom?

Thanks, that’s good to know!

I’m guessing that the draw off point for the cold water supply to the bathroom would be at the bottom of the tank whereas the vent pipe presumably goes into the top of the tank so even if it was venting into the tank, it wouldn’t effect the water at the bottom?

wouldnt think it would be venting over as your hot water would be scolding hot

As above - heating pipe too close to cold water pipe. If you can locate it you could slip some lagging over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water from cold tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock