Search the forum,

Discuss Hot Water Cylinder Stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a new cylinder stat fitted. Flomasta thing

Open vented system, newish boiler, no problems with that or heating now after work done

Set at 65 as recommended

Hot water on at controller for over an hour this morning and from cold the cylinder only got to 25ish

Had it on since 6 tonight and stat only clicking off at 45ish yet boiler has been off for a while. Hot water from the taps and shower is bloody hot though!

Have I got a problem or is it just taking a while to heat?

Thanks

Where on the cylinder is the stat located? If the water feels 'bloody hot' and the stat is detecting around 45 then something sounds wrong. Any chance of a photo?

I can't see it properly. They should be around a third of the way up from the bottom. If it is too low it will give you the problem you describe.
Fit it where I said and set it to 60 deg c.

Two things you can check:

1. Is the 3-port valve the correct way round? The ports are marked (on the brass body) A, B and AB. AB connects to the pump; A should go to the central heating; B should connect to the cylinder.

2. Is the cylinder stat wired correctly? Set programmer for just HW ON. The boiler should come on when the stat is turned up towards 90 and go off when turned down to 20. (The exact point will depend on water temperature.) If the opposite happens, i.e boiler stops when stat turned up and runs when turned down, the cylinder stat has been wired wrongly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot Water Cylinder Stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock