Search the forum,

Discuss hot water coming into cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be a stitch up...

The guy is too vague on the details, he has to be taking the ....

Any plumber should know how to fix it, find the point of connection and swap the pipes round, simples.

If you are gen, my advice is too take protection... Maybe a taser incase the guy goes mad

Last edited by a moderator:
If this isn't some kind of wind-up may i suggest next time you take on a jog like this that you go buy yerself a couple of rolls of insulting tape, one red and one blue and mark each pipe accordingly
(by this i mean red on the hot and blue on the cold) this should help avoid any confusion and consequently the nightmare situation you now find yourself in. And if i were you i'd forget about crossing any pipes at the boiler, dont want the w/c filling with gas do we?

tell your customer its the latest craze! his bog will always be spotless and he can give his taters a sauna while he takes a tom tit

I have only just seen this thread.
I just had a quick look back through the answers and I cannot find any confirmation that the pipes are crossed?
Does the wc fill with hot? or does it just fire the boiler when flushed?

If it only fires the boiler, isolate the cold mains to the boiler and try again, Does it still fire up?

What I was thinking is the cold mains pressure is very low and the wc is then flushed there could be enough movement in the pipework to make the boiler flow switch?

As for downstairs loosing water, I would guess at shared tank and you have cut off their supply.

Where you working in strabane Croppie
lovely place I'm in country outside castlederg I'll even get the buns out to

I'm servicing the boilers in the jobs and benefits offices in urney road. probably be there all day too. I'll pm you me numbers.

I'm servicing the boilers in the jobs and benefits offices in urney road. probably be there all day too. I'll pm you me numbers.

They well used in strabane busy place with peaple in strabane lol

Hi mrplumberman,

How did you get on today? I'm still in two minds if this is real or not but if you don't post again I'll take it that this is a wind up.

It's been a good read though. :tongue3:

Last edited:
well thanks to all who helped.the pipes were crossedand we didn,t have to lift even a single tile.we tee,d into the outside tap downstairs and cored a hole from inside to outside.brill guys thanks.go back on mon to lag the pipework.thanks again.

well thanks to all who helped.the pipes were crossedand we didn,t have to lift even a single tile.we tee,d into the outside tap downstairs and cored a hole from inside to outside.brill guys thanks.go back on mon to lag the pipework.thanks again.

I bet that looks great
You better hope it's not a bad winter again
Ps you need to change your user name

mmm.......

What about the cold water tank, did he mention that?

I take it he's paid you?

That's great. Now you have learned more from your experience.

At the end of the day and I know your taking a bit of flak about this (rightly so LOL!) its a mistake and we all make them.

And to put things in perspective, no one has ever died because there was hot water going into the toilet.

too long to read it all ,I had it the same ! fitted combi and toilet cistern nice and worm ! boiler kicking on every time some one uses the loo ! told customer to change faulty mixer in bathroom wash basin ! he could not be bothered to pay for it ,I told him if you do not fix it ,in the event of fault to boiler manufacture will invalidate policy ! any way check mixer tap or shower for cross flow

From earlier posts you indicates that this property wasn't on ground floor, with your spiel about lady downstairs having no water since you removed the cwsc, now you've cored a hole and tee'd into outside tap?? it gets better and better

i bet she's on a meter downstairs as well lol and you've gone and connected upstairs bog to her supply. while leaving her without a tank fed supply

thats jolly decent of you!

i take it that mr plumberman is an aspiration rather than an acomplishment.

also in the posts there is reference to a 'we' my god there is more than one that is this inept. is the ink dry on yer certificates yet?

oh he's been banned!
for bringing this noble profession into disrepute i hope!

please tell me your remedy is a wind up, your old tradesman must be so chuffed he taught you so well

I knew it had to be a wind up! No one is that stupid!

You can just imagine a 15mm Speedfit tee coming off the outside tap and up the side of the house, unclipped and probably through the bathroom window and into the cistern.

Going back Monday to lag it... ah hah!

Last edited:
seen from one of his previous posts that he done a 6 week fast track course and it was a piece of cake, but the eastern europeans in the class were struggling ???? I replied to the other post which was pretty much similar to this one, what a weirdo....I see he's from ayrshire, says it all lol !!

Don't mind me while I reply to a few of the threads. We need the new thread pages to be picked up correctly. If this thread isn't current, just visit the plumbing forum and post your own new thread or checkout the other existing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot water coming into cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock