Search the forum,

Discuss hot water coming into cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it possible that the cwsc feeds the woman down stairs as she said she has no water in her bathroom now.since we renovated the guys bathroom.possibly another job to do.so i should hold syphon open to see if boiler fires up?

If I were you i'd run and hide

Bye the sounds of this saga you have cocked right up but the only saving grace you may have is if you have mixed all hot and colds up you can cross at boiler if not get ready to start ripping up tiles and sort it would you pay if it was done in your house don't think so

Bye the sounds of this saga you have cocked right up but the only saving grace you may have is if you have mixed all hot and colds up you can cross at boiler if not get ready to start ripping up tiles and sort it would you pay if it was done in your house don't think so

If it came to the bit and ya had to rip bathroom apart, where would you stand with insurance??

i,ve never had this happen before.and iaint running mate as the guy owes me doh.if i swap pipes at the boiler and washing machine would that sort it?

This reminds me of advice given to me by my ex boss when I'd screwed up big on a job. He took me to one side and said, "At the end of this year are you going to look back and say that was the job that ruined me? If the answer to that is no then you've just simply got to grin and bear it - get on with it, do whatever it takes to sort it out, leave everyone as happy as possible and move on."

This reminds me of advice given to me by my ex boss when I'd screwed up big on a job. He took me to one side and said, "At the end of this year are you going to look back and say that was the job that ruined me? If the answer to that is no then you've just simply got to grin and bear it - get on with it, do whatever it takes to sort it out, leave everyone as happy as possible and move on."

Now that's good advice

i,ve never had this happen before.and iaint running mate as the guy owes me doh.if i swap pipes at the boiler and washing machine would that sort it?

We don't know you will have to see if you just crossed in bathroom or everywhere!!!

without knowing the piping layout then we couldn't possibly say, well i couldn't anyways, You metioned electric shower earlier in thread and i've asked a couple times does combi fire up when in use and still awaiting an answer

Crossing feeds is easy. Everyone has done it. Luckily I've so far noticed when I run the taps or fill the loo before tiling begins. It pays to be a bit paranoid in plumbing. Check everything repeatedly, all the time. Suspect everything, every noise. Work on the assumption that every inanimate object is out to ruin your day and you should be ok.

Crossing feeds is easy. Everyone has done it. Luckily I've so far noticed when I run the taps or fill the loo before tiling begins. It pays to be a bit paranoid in plumbing. Check everything repeatedly, all the time. Suspect everything, every noise. Work on the assumption that every inanimate object is out to ruin your day and you should be ok.

agree totally

Can you elaborate on this cold water tank, is this a flat?

Lady downstairs has no water now?

Good advice
Its best to check and double check then check again to be sure only takes 5 mins

its a four in a block house.we left her bottled water till tmrw.the guy wanted the loft cleared of old tanks etc.

the tiler was an rse.rushing us on.

Last edited by a moderator:
flats often share tanks - bit remiss not to check

you may be able to sort out his prob (or divest yourself of responsibility) with relative ease - if it's just crossed feeds i'm sure something can be done. but re-instating the CWSC to the lady downstairs could be a bigger faff.

Is her kitchen cold tap dry aswell?

It must have been fed from the tank you removed?

The lady without water must be on your customers back, but he only complained about his rotten boiler?

make your mind up fella, is it a worcester or vokera!?

for those of you who may question my tone this gentleman has posted this question elsewhere and some of us have endevoured to help out...then I came across this thread, what gives mrplumberman?

make your mind up fella, is it a worcester or vokera!?

for those of you who may question my tone this gentleman has posted this question elsewhere and some of us have endevoured to help out...then I came across this thread, what gives mrplumberman?

I seen other thread but didn't pick up on the different boilers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot water coming into cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock