Search the forum,

Discuss hot water but no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chippy plumbob

Hi all

Having some problems with my combi boiler ariston microgenus. Not too fimiliar with boilers reason why im here so pls help. I turn the hot water tap on ignites my boiler and gives me hot water everytime however trying to start the heating is a different story. After resetting the boiler it fires up the heating to max cause thats where ive set the main temp guage on the control panel to, pipes get real hot then after about a minute or 2 it just dies down. Ive just installed a new thermostat with new cable to the existing 2 core low voltage wire from the main control panel and I move the dial and still no heating. Now ive tried swiching it onto constant - doesnt work, timer on with timer set to present - doesnt work and the only one it works with is off! haha. Please help any ideas would be greatly app. By the way Ive removed all the rads bar 1 and both valves are opened, been bled and sitting at 1.5 bar. The boiler hasnt been used for about 3 yrs so maybe somethings blocked inside and not sure i thermo worked previously.

you say the pipes get really hot and then dies down.

what pipes are getting hot ?
how far are they getting hot ?

Thanks for the reply. I have one rad in the house so it heats up nice and hot but thats only when its been reset, after that it just dies down and boiler will sparks up for like 3-5 seconds every 5-10 mins. could it be my control panel playing up? should I try and connect a new timer/switch to the back of the control panel to check if its that? Ive also disconnected the thermo as well to rule that one out.

Last edited by a moderator:
pump inside the boiler behind the cover

[DLMURL]http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/ariston-microgenus-28he-combination-boiler-natural-gas/Ariston%20Microgenus%20HE.pdf[/DLMURL]

I have the end user manual for mine, its says its a micro 23 or 27 mffi . ive opened the cover up. Ive reset it and had it on on, had it on timer with the timer set to present time and had it on off. sorry if im missing something let me know if i am

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot water but no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock