Search the forum,

Discuss Horizontal solar cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaflo-Experts

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can anyone recommend a decent twin coil horizontal unvented cylinder, suitable for solar and a gas boiler?
It needs to go in the loft space and therefore needs to be a horizontal cylinder.
Have seen some Thermsaver cylinders online and they look ok - anyone have experience of these?

RM Solar made one for a customer of mine last month. I think it was a custom build - it certainly wasn't cheap.

Haven't had any feedback, but could ask if you like? No experience of the the Thermsaver - sorry.

Thanks for that Ray. I'll have a look at those online; I think most of them are custom made - I believe the Thermsaver ones are.

McDonald engineering in Glenrothes Fife make anything you want, great turnaround service

Thanks for your help and advice guys. I'll make a few calls, and it looks like it they are made to order!

McDonald engineering in Glenrothes Fife make anything you want, great turnaround service

Thats true. I needed a 42 x 18 gravity twin coil a few weeks back. Ordered it on the tuesday afternoon and picked it up and fitted on thursday morning.
Scrappies heaven that place :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Horizontal solar cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just looking at getting an unvented cylinder. Screwfix do an RM cylinder called Prostel. Anybody had experience with these. ÂŁ830 for 250l horizontal.
Replies
Views
P
Hi All, I have recently changed heating source to a heat pump and so I have had a new water cylinder installed (different internal element required). This means that I have a 2.5 year old StainlessLITE Plus Horizontal unvented mains pressure 204L cylinder left over. We had it installed in Jan...
Replies
Views
Peter M
P
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the immersion heater. Just wondering if there are any devices that can circulate the hot water in the cylinder so the immersion heater heats all the water...
Replies
Views
So after having engineer drawings back I'm limited to around 90cm of loft height. I was thinking of a preplumbed horizontal cylinder. But now wondering if a pump and zone valves on the landing in a separate cupboard with just the cylinder flow return going to the loft. Is this an ok idea of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock