Search the forum,

Discuss horizontal end feed joint problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davenport.neil

Whilst recently altering the boiler flow and return to accommodate an underfloor heating manifold I de-soldered some joints and found that there were areas were the solder had not fully run. They were always on the top side of a horizontal joint and although they had not leaked as they were less than a third of the joint depth and at the back of the joint I am wondering if I am doing something wrong?
I always thoroughly clean pipe and socket, use la-co flux and lead solder for CH pipes.

Any advice?

Are you applying the solder to one area only? Are you heating evenly around the full diameter of the joint?

did not leak, can't see a problem myself. try using hotter gas aecetylene propane mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to horizontal end feed joint problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
S
I've had a heat pump installed and there has been two leaks on copper solder joints internally. And there are several threaded joints around the tank that also water showing. I've been fairly patient despite resultant damage. I've been told this is quite normal when the pipes heat up (not about...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hi, My step daughter was ripped off by a cowboy builder so I’ve been helping her out and fittted her two radiator. I’ve no idea what is under some of the floors or in the walls but since flushing it all out and starting the combi up she’s been having problems with her heating. She reckons the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock