Search the forum,

Discuss Horizontal Accumulator will it work??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ringbolt

I have a problem and aside from that would also very much like to know if anyone has an opinion about using a horizontal tank as an accumulator tank. The designated area that I have to fit in log boiler and components has a very low headroom 1.8M. I calculate I need a 2000lt tank and cannot find an off the shelf one to fit. I can however get hold of a 2100lt horizontal pressure vessel. It has 35mm connections top and bottom at both ends. My theory is that it holds the same quantity of water as a vertical one and therefore must store the same amount of heat. I know it will not have the same stratification pattern as a vertical one, the return to the log boiler will be protected by a laddomat so does that matter? I would be very interested in your opinions.

My worry is not whether you can use a 2000 litre vessel but where are you installing it. I hope its on a solid concrete base as that 2 tonne of water waiting to relocatate itself if you dont have enough support. If you cannt find a 2000 litre vessel what about 2 x 1000 litre?

I may have got the wrong end of the stick but my understanding of an accumalator is a vessel used to increase water pressure of the system. A 2000l accualator would be rather large, surely a smaller accumalator and a pump would be a cheaper and easier way to store pressurised water as required

Last edited by a moderator:
My worry is not whether you can use a 2000 litre vessel but where are you installing it. I hope its on a solid concrete base as that 2 tonne of water waiting to relocatate itself if you dont have enough support. If you cannt find a 2000 litre vessel what about 2 x 1000 litre?

I may have got the wrong end of the stick but my understanding of an accumalator is a vessel used to increase water pressure of the system. A 2000l accualator would be rather large, surely a smaller accumalator and a pump would be a cheaper and easier way to store pressurised water as required

Yes you have the wrong end of the stick old plumb.

Different kind of accumulator

i would go for 2x 1000 ltr if you have the room there, cheaper in the long run should it need replacing, i have fitted a 3000ltr accumulator with a wood pellet system, and i dred to think what it cost, also the only way to remove it would be to take out the side wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Horizontal Accumulator will it work??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock