Search the forum,

Discuss hope somebody can help I'm fitting a kitchen turned the hot water off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi hope somebody can help I'm fitting a kitchen turned the hot water off now it won't come back on the wheel on the valve just keeps turning

snapped gate valve

needs replacing

two options

do it your self or get a plumber in (very common with gate valves)

Thanks the valve is between the tank in the loft and the cylinder is there a way to change it without draining the tank

Thanks the valve is between the tank in the loft and the cylinder is there a way to change it without draining the tank

other than bunging the outlet nope

best way drain down tbh

bath cold tap should be off the cylinder (if old school way still)

Yes, if you want to risk it, try bunging the cold water tank outlet to the cylinder by reaching inside the tank and shoving a rubber bung into the tank fitting. Hopefully the fitting will be uniformly round and not be the rarer type with lugs.
You will still have the water in the pipe to come out when you slacken the old valve nuts.
Or you could buy a basic freeze kit (muff with spray freeze can just)

I will never forget the advice from a former member of this forum on what you could use as a bung for a tank.
He recommended using a parsnip. :grin:
Actually good advice I bet, but never tried it yet.

I will never forget the advice from a former member of this forum on what you could use as a bung for a tank.
He recommended using a parsnip. :grin:
Actually good advice I bet, but never tried it yet.

Carrot or potato works best

just get a professional plumber in bud not a hard job if you know what your doing , you could end up flooding your home

In older house very likely feed to HWC will be 3/4" not 22mm. Make sure you have 3/4" compression olives to go with full bore 22mm lever valve. Moving pipe apart to install new fitting could also be problematic as straining pipe against weight of full CWS tank could result in leak at outlet. Work for plumber, or if DIY, drain tank to give plenty of time to sort out unknowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hope somebody can help I'm fitting a kitchen turned the hot water off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock