Search the forum,

Discuss Honeywell Motorised Valve Not Fully Sealed when Closed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I have my hot water on and the central heating is off, there is still a small flow of hot water through the motorised valve for the central heating. There's sufficient flow to slightly warm some of the closest radiators. Does this usually mean a new motorised valve or is there something that can be done with the existing valve?

Thanks for looking,

Steve

Yes the whole valve needs replacing

1. You can get just the valve internals for Honeywell valves. Different for pre 1987 valves (no dimple on the cover) from later valves. However, fitting them is just as much, if not more, work than replacing the whole valve.
2. If the last joint on the return pipe before the boiler isn't the hot water primary (non-combi boilers) you can get spurious circulation through some or all of the radiators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Honeywell Motorised Valve Not Fully Sealed when Closed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, Please advise as i wish to change a motorised valve connected to a heat only gas boiler: Turn off the boiler Turn off the mains water Find a draining point and drain system Replace motorised valve Make sure draining point is closed. Turn on mains...
Replies
Views
N
Range Tribune HE, not heating hot water. Motorised valve keeps closing and water luke warm. Is the dual temperature probe broken
Replies
Views
Neil Pengilly
N
We have a Drayton 27101 - 3 port motorised valve 22mm compression Issue: when heating switches on there is no hot water, when you switch heating off you get hot water. I replaced the motor in the motorised valve, everything started to work like it should. But an hour later and the same...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get warmer than others despite closing off the skirting radiator heat vent. They are designed to house the finned heating pipe and a return pipe, the latter...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First issue was the pump went faulty, so the pump was replaced. This then led to a new issue coming up where the central heating would work, but not the hot...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock