Search the forum,

Discuss Home made CH chemical injection pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

Instead of paying out for expensive aerosol chemicals for central heating systems why not use a pump to inject the cheaper standard chemicals?

There's no need to pay out a fortune to buy one. A cheap garden sprayer and a couple of fittings will do the trick.

Take one garden sprayer, one 10x15 compression coupling and an old filling loop. Ensure that the hose from the sprayer looks to be about 10mm ID. Cut off the spray attachment, fit the nut and olive from the 10mm end of the coupling over the hose, you may need to warm it slightly to get them to fit. Insert into the fitting and tighten. Remove and discard the nut from the other end and attach the filling loop. You now have a pressure pump for injecting chemicals into sealed heating systems.

With a bit of ingenuity you can make up various adaptors. A straight compression coupling screwed into the top of a radiator allows you to inject straight into a radiator.

A sort section of hose connected to a fulham nozzle with a 1/2" MI thread enables you to inject in all sorts of different places, it's easy to make up an adaptor to 22mm copper that will enable you to inject chemicals into the open vent of a system, saves having to partially drain the system, just turn off the water. Bale some out and mix with the chemical, stick it in the pump and pump it down the open vent, system water will be forced back up the cold feed and the chemical is straight into the heart of the system.

How about a sealed system where the mains pressure is really low, increase the pressure using the pump to push more water into the system.

CQ9R2226 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

CQ9R2227 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

A mate made one with a smaller sprayer but I use it to stick antifreeze in caravan heating systems so the 5l size is handy.

Similar got a few attachments but there in the flushing kit ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359146016.667052.jpg

i will be able to get these any where i guess hey, probably screwfix an toolstation. If not them then B&Q or homebase.

I tell you what, how about one of these from screwfix 50062 no heating system will escape the inhibitor distributor!!!

Think mine was a fiver or something ,someone had stolen all the attachments out the box so it got reduced.

a fiver, you pay that for one little tap connector from hoselock. You got a bargain! I hate thieving Beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Home made CH chemical injection pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2 my ch boiler, non condensing is playing up, I can get hot water, but when heating is on pipes only get hot for 1st mtre or so? I can hear feel the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have bought a cheap boiler to run my hot tub as others have on the interweb and have a question that you amazing plumbers will probably know the answer to straight away. I have the setup as pictured below and I am about to run some tests to get the best output all round. I am looking...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a challenging and interesting problem, which I'll try as best to describe below keeping to the point and as short as possible, to avoid boring any of...
Replies
Views
I need some help from the internet before I waste any more time and money trying to fix air getting in to my central heating! Looking for advise on what to do next, as the 3 plumbers I've used so far haven't been much use. Down in East London, near Romford for what it's worth! Issue summary...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock