Search the forum,

Discuss homade power flushing machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all just wondering if it was possible to do your own power flushing machine?? i was thinking of putting a submursible pump in a gorilla bucket type thing and connecting the hose to 1 of the pump flanges and then run another hose from the other pump flange back to the bucket. anybody tried or seen this working???? the submursible pump pumps 90ls per min
thanks

I have always thought about this, but....

1. how would you dump water? you would need to empty bucket a lot
2. this would be as powerful as the cf40, but would be very precarious as to water levels, i.e.

if you could get big enough bucket or water butt, long hoses, and a submersible pump, might be worth a go.

however why not just stick chemicals in for 4 weeks, with central heating running, drain down and fill up again.

i would have thought that a gorilla tub wasn't stiff enough although i may be wrong. what about a loft type tank, larger than a f&e but smaller than normal cwst.

I did consider this, as for what they are, we pay through the nose.

That's why I love homemade alternatives like those often used to put glycol in ground source loops. (a bloke put a picture of a brilliant one up on this forum just the other week).

However with a powerflush, I think you will end up spending a lot on pump ect and end up with something second rate. You need to know you're not going to end up with black sludge everywhere.

Bite the bullet and buy a machine. Mine was paid for within the first two weeks. Fair enough I haven't used it for a couple of months, but its allready earned its keep and can stay put in the understairs cupboard along with my pipe freezer.

I keep the pipe freezer and the powerflush in the house, as they're tools I don't use every day but are too valuable for me to have nicked from the van/ garage.

The question is, what flusher do you buy!!?

Last edited:
i would have thought that a gorilla tub wasn't stiff enough although i may be wrong. what about a loft type tank, larger than a f&e but smaller than normal cwst.

Why would it need to be stiff, it is only holding water?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not just use mains tap water through two hoses with the flush just dumping directly into a drain?

as you can pick up pumps for ÂŁ40ish quid off ebay brand new i think its wortha try, as ive only got one job to do at the moment i think its worth a try

Photo0057.jpgPhoto0056.jpgPhoto0058.jpgPhoto0059.jpgPhoto0055.jpgPhoto0053.jpgPhoto0054.jpg

Here I tried my Magnacleanse with and without my Fernox P/F machine and the difference the P/F machine makes is amazining. Also the addition of the Magnacleanse to my P/F is amazing. They work very well together.
The set up above is the best and fastest way to flush a system that has a problem with sludge. If the system is mildly dirty then a flush through with mains water would do the job. With a proper powerfush machine it is the velosity of water and the option to change the flow direction at a pull of a lever to loosen stubben deposits that does the job properly. I have never used a vibraclean attachment and I personly think you are asking for trouble doing so. The above set up works best with the boiler on if posible. I use Kamco FX2 with the best results, I have tried Fernox and Sentilnel products and found that one best.
For an average property of 3-4 beds say 8-10 rads it is still a days work, I test and record the results for each rad as I go.
The other proplem that needs to be addressed when powerflushing is the reason the system go sludged up in first place and put it right, which is what I do. It could be the pump fitted in the wrong position or the feed and vent crossed over. This needs to be corrected or in 6 months the system will be a bad again.

A profesional job with the correct tools is the way to go in my opinion.

View attachment 5776View attachment 5777View attachment 5778View attachment 5779View attachment 5780View attachment 5781View attachment 5782

Here I tried my Magnacleanse with and without my Fernox P/F machine and the difference the P/F machine makes is amazining. Also the addition of the Magnacleanse to my P/F is amazing. They work very well together.
The set up above is the best and fastest way to flush a system that has a problem with sludge. If the system is mildly dirty then a flush through with mains water would do the job. With a proper powerfush machine it is the velosity of water and the option to change the flow direction at a pull of a lever to loosen stubben deposits that does the job properly. I have never used a vibraclean attachment and I personly think you are asking for trouble doing so. The above set up works best with the boiler on if posible. I use Kamco FX2 with the best results, I have tried Fernox and Sentilnel products and found that one best.
For an average property of 3-4 beds say 8-10 rads it is still a days work, I test and record the results for each rad as I go.
The other proplem that needs to be addressed when powerflushing is the reason the system go sludged up in first place and put it right, which is what I do. It could be the pump fitted in the wrong position or the feed and vent crossed over. This needs to be corrected or in 6 months the system will be a bad again.

A profesional job with the correct tools is the way to go in my opinion.

Can't agree more that it is the velocity of the water which shifts the gunge. Faster the water goes through the pipes, more gets picked up. Just remembered about one guy I knew, many years ago, used to use one of those small pumps you spin with an electric drill - had to use a big bucket because the pump used up the water much, much quicker than the mains could fill the bucket! But it worked, which was the main thing.

All you anti Pf lot make me laugh when i hear comments like add a chemical leave it a week or 2 and drain down or stick a hose pipe on the mains and thats good enough what a load of rubbish the only way to fully get rid of all sludge and iron oxide is a full PF done properly and i mean a full day on the average 10 rad system

Guildfordboiler , you may want to read the dates on post this thread is from feb , but thanks for bringing it back to life

All you anti Pf lot make me laugh when i hear comments like add a chemical leave it a week or 2 and drain down or stick a hose pipe on the mains and thats good enough what a load of rubbish the only way to fully get rid of all sludge and iron oxide is a full PF done properly and i mean a full day on the average 10 rad system

anti pf lot?? this post is about making a home made machine, whats anti pf about that? if you want to start a educated discussion about the subject why not start a new thread?

hi cxr100.my van got broken into recently,and they did a clean sweap including my kamco cf40 powerflush machine.
to cut the long story short,didnt have content insurance, had to get back to work and earn some money,so ive made my own machine,its as powerfull as the cf40 and it pushes out 2bars.works fine for me,will stick006.jpg with it until i can afford to get a new one.is a draper deep water submersible pump 750w/95 lmin/head is important anything below 15meter won't push up 2story building.mine's 24m/ the next one up is 36m head with pressure up to 3.5bar.hope this helps

006.jpg

I think its great inovatation. but would still buy a Kamco or similar, because I can't be bothered to make my own flushing system.

hi cxr100.my van got broken into recently,and they did a clean sweap including my kamco cf40 powerflush machine.
to cut the long story short,didnt have content insurance, had to get back to work and earn some money,so ive made my own machine,its as powerfull as the cf40 and it pushes out 2bars.works fine for me,will stickView attachment 11310 with it until i can afford to get a new one.is a draper deep water submersible pump 750w/95 lmin/head is important anything below 15meter won't push up 2story building.mine's 24m/ the next one up is 36m head with pressure up to 3.5bar.hope this helps

What a brilliant first post!! Very clever.

cheers dannypipe.trying me best to mix it with the big boys,did'nt want to get kicked out in the first week.:24: if i make it to the level of ukpf pub member,my work here is done.....

Well, welcome to the forum mate.

It's not as easy to get kicked off here as some would make you believe.

Look at Croppy, he was once a trouble maker. Now he's a traitor, I mean moderator!

I saw that Danny you twonk!

Welcome to the forums horse, interesting first post. Keep it up lad, you'll soon have 100 posts and then you can help us prop the bar.....

If I did you'd only set your daughter on me. We both know she'd be the only one walking away from that scrap.......

Welcome to the forum lazyhorse.

Nice job, I too would like to see more details very well done.

cheeeeers gentelmen,made me feel like home.apart from the bloke with the tongue out.
please don't get me wrong it does'nt compare to the years of rnd done by kamco or sentinel.it might have a draw back with the thermal cutout of 35'c.it did'nt happen yet as i let the boiler running and circulating at higher temp.
overall cost of ÂŁ250.got the tank off tanks direct lmtd,powerflush hose from mr centalheating.com,pump draper website.
tried my best to do tech drawings,ita a disaster.i'll take more detailed pict and upload them.sorry to let u guts down

cut the whole thing in half so we can see how it works. Thats what other manufacturers do?? ;)

cheeeeers gentelmen,made me feel like home.apart from the bloke with the tongue out.
please don't get me wrong it does'nt compare to the years of rnd done by kamco or sentinel.it might have a draw back with the thermal cutout of 35'c.it did'nt happen yet as i let the boiler running and circulating at higher temp.
overall cost of ÂŁ250.got the tank off tanks direct lmtd,powerflush hose from mr centalheating.com,pump draper website.
tried my best to do tech drawings,ita a disaster.i'll take more detailed pict and upload them.sorry to let u guts down

Oh My God..............

lazyhorse after a brilliant start on what can a challenging forum for newbies you done gone and shortened your posting lifespan by forgetting the smileys after this line:

"apart from the bloke with the tongue out"

You did mean to put a few smileys after that didn't you?

Ahhh being new you don't know where the smiley's are?

Of all the ones you see with the blue box that says "Moderator" you choose to begin a battle with the infamous "croppie"

Known and feared throughout this site for his memory, I heard (by private message of course) that a little of his ancestors DNA was used by God when formatting the elephants memory.

Everyone will be watching for his reaction, I'm putting a tenner on post 15000 by lazyhorse in the "Arms" before he wreaks his revenge.

You did mean to use smileys?

Please say yes at least until you get the rest of the photos up.

thangx peteheat for reminding me of the mistake that,probly will haunt me for the rest of my days.
croppie my dear man,did i mention i was colour blind,did'nt see the blue marking saying morderator.
and yes i did whole heartly mean to put a smile after the nasty remark.
mates

thangx peteheat for reminding me of the mistake that,probly will haunt me for the rest of my days.
croppie my dear man,did i mention i was colour blind,did'nt see the blue marking saying morderator.
and yes i did whole heartly mean to put a smile after the nasty remark.
mates

Too late.

Card marked..........

as my good mate used to say,there is nothing on gods earth that can't be resolved on a bar stool...
that is after he was run over by a bin truck :angelsad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to homade power flushing machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock