Search the forum,

Discuss Holding a 3 port valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xtremeo

Hi is it possible to hold a vaccum with bungs and change a 3 port valve, and it is 3 openings and I believe you can only have 2 openings, if not does anyone have any other solutions without draining down, or any other tips.
thanks

Hi pipeworks a nightmare possible airlocks, what's the the best freeze kit to buy.

Electric are best but only two freeze heads. Are there no isolation valves/pump valves nearby so you can just freeze the legs to the heating and hot water circuit? Hiring a machine is the best bet. I have done it on problematic systems with freeze spray but only in outbuildings with oil boilers where a bit of water is not too much of an issue. If you can isolate the flow to the 3 port valve you could try bunging it. I probably wouldn't try it in an airing cupboard though!

Can be done but not if you're not confident. Hire an electric freezer for the day. No stress no rush

Hi thanks for that what's your opinion on rothenberger co2 kit rofrost , lot cheaper than electric thanks

Hi thanks for that what's your opinion on rothenberger co2 kit rofrost , lot cheaper than electric thanks

the problem with the co2 kits is you need to work fast as once the gas runs out well you know the next bit

you can hire the electric ones for about ÂŁ50-80 a day

My thoughts on the CO2 kits take me back to the video I watched earlier with a fella in a flat flooding the place. With an electric kit you leave it on and have no worries. If you have a local Williams branch they hire them for about ÂŁ35 a day if I remember right

My thoughts on the CO2 kits take me back to the video I watched earlier with a fella in a flat flooding the place. With an electric kit you leave it on and have no worries. If you have a local Williams branch they hire them for about ÂŁ35 a day if I remember right
Trade only mate

You could always just freeze one pipe with a cheap freeze tin kit and also have system bunged to deal with the other two pipes. Would save you spending on more freeze tins.
If you bung the system you might find you will be able to change the valve with little water problem as your 3 pipes are all at identical level.

Hi that's a great idea, brilliant solution thanks very much

Bung it first and after taking the pressure totally off the system from a drain point, then see if cracking all the 3 nuts open allows any water problems. Have a freeze kit with you if you need it. Water is a strange thing and I never can be sure. Some jobs I expect to be troubled with water and find none

Bunging is so easy, for added comfort close the pump valves and return valve if there is one.

As Leo21 says, I've done it lots of times without any problems, just get everything ready and to hand B4 you start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Holding a 3 port valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock