Search the forum,

Discuss Hob burner? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newgas

Had a look at a hob today and the middle Burner the biggest one was not lighting up fully although the rest of the burners were.

I put my digi manometer on the injectors and they all had good bp-upto the injectors inc they middle problem burner, it wasn't dirty or blocked.

What could the problem be? I'm sure I have come accross this same problem before but can't remember where.

TIA

congealed fat in the orifice or injector
jif in the cuts on the burner ring

they most comman problems ive come across

Agreed with Simon or some of these hobs with the wok burners can be huge.

What about pipe sizing?

Well injector was cleaned first thing and when pressure checked with me digi mano. it was 23mbars same as the other injectors.

I could'nt figure it out, other than to take the hob out and investigate with the pipes exposed , did'nt have the time tho.

Do people actually remove an electric oven below a gas hob to see a data badge ?

I did'nt rate it just took the mbar off the injectors, I think I have forgot the correct procedure for rateing a hob
whistling.gif

I did'nt rate it just took the mbar off the injectors, I think I have forgot the correct procedure for rateing a hob
whistling.gif
If you get some gas through ring you will get the system standing pressure. Needs a good clean. But if you can't get it working correctly. Then sticker it up and turn it off

Good point A , I wont remove an electric cooker on heath and safety grounds , but will have a peak in side cupboard

Good point A , I wont remove an electric cooker on heath and safety grounds , but will have a peak in side cupboard

H&S grounds??

You dont touch the electrics, its 4 screws and lift forwards.

If you don't do this you might as well say I don't do hobs.

H&S grounds??

You dont touch the electrics, its 4 screws and lift forwards.

If you don't do this you might as well say I don't do hobs.
It's also a top contender for checking for drops on tightness , so oven out is a must.

More things to put on my to do list,

I suppose I should never assume the job has been done correctly

:thinking2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with simon. Did you take the injector out and clean it thoroughly? The last one I had like that, I took the burner off and soaked it in hot water, blew it through with compressed air etc as it was a sealed unit and you couldnt see all the internal passageways and that cured it, along with cleaning the injector.

All clean as a whistle inc. top and injector .

Maybe the trouble is in the tap orifices??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hob burner? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock