Search the forum,

Discuss Hilmor pipe benders help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hoping someone can help!! I’ve been plumbing a while and I like neat pipe work, with bends etc. I have tried various benders but the best I find are hilmor only problem is with time it throws sets out of square, more so 22! So annoying having to straighten them by hand! I’ve tried tightening the nut and bolt going through the pivot, thinking that would be the cause. But it doesn’t! Anyone have any ideas???

Are you sure your keeping everything centred when bending ?

Yeah, when you pull bend you can see the guide running off centre, if you try and allow for the twist it’s then not central, it’s so strange and annoys the hell out of me lol

Sounds like the whole frame is twisted then

As even if the guide was off the formers would still be straight so would damage each other etc

Time for New benders by the sound of it

Sounds like the whole frame is twisted then

As even if the guide was off the formers would still be straight so would damage each other etc

Time for New benders by the sound of it
I was thinking this just wondered if there was something I was missing, like just changing a component thanks for the help

I have never had this happen and have had hilmor benders for 30+ years think it's time for a new set bud nothing last forever . Cheers kop

I bought a new set of benders last year first time used them they rippled the pipe. Took them back got another set same same .
Bought rothenjunk snapped the arm .

I know just bend it round my neck like Geoff capes

I bought a new set of benders last year first time used them they rippled the pipe. Took them back got another set same same .
Bought rothenjunk snapped the arm .

I know just bend it round my neck like Geoff capes

Present day benders are gash, Record use to be the kiddies.... but they’re not about anymore

I'd hazard a guess that the pivot pin for the roller is slightly bent through constant use.
Mark a center line along the former, then a line around the roller where the former line touches at the start.
I bet the lines don't match at the end of bending.

Buy a Benditnow British built bender.
They are the old Hilmor, with same parts. Make sure you oil all moving parts regularly.
I have the old Hilmor benders that are 50 years old and they bend pipe 15, 22 and 28mm well.

Last edited:
I have had the draper 34212 without any issues for a couple years now and it bends straight. It did have some issues when I got it though.

The forms would wiggle so I jammed a piece of thick sheet metal under them. One of the bolts was loose/crap so I changed it and added some washers. The vinyl grips would slide off so I threaded the ends and screwed on 3/4" caps. Now I keep some short pieces of 1/2" inside. I almost added longer arms because 3/4" is a pain to bend but I rarely need to so I didn't.

Reply to Hilmor pipe benders help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock