Search the forum,

Discuss Hi new member looking for some advice. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

e92

Hi folks.

I'm looking for some advice and i was hoping i could get some help.

Too give you some background i've worked in retail/sales since leaving school. I'm now nearly 25 and my biggest regret is not getting a apprenticeship as a plumber/gas enginneer when i had the chance. Making decent money when i was younger made me forget about getting a trade. I recently applied for a job for a trainee smart meter installer, when i went for the interview there was around another 10 people or so we got split into groups and done some tasks, mostly team work stuff and some tests. It went very well lasted around 5 hours. Got home and all i could think about was gettin the job it was my chance to start in the industry i've always wanted too. unfortunelty i never got it, i was so gutted! because it was such a great oppurtunity for me to start as a smart meter installer and working my way up too a gas enginneer with a great company also.

I have now seen spencer odgen are providing a training course for 14 weeks to become a smart meter installer? however you need to pay £2000. Its alot of money so i was wondering if anyone has some advice should i do it? is spencer odgen legit?.

Thanks sorry for the long post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi new member looking for some advice. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm new on the forum, I'm a gas service and repair engineer rather than a plumber. I used to work for a big company, now self employed. I do some install work too but nothing too big as I work alone and to be honest I'm not quick enough at installation work and not experienced in...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the industrial gas market. That ranges from installing cryogenic storage tanks, pumps and pipework to high pressure Hydrogen systems and bulk LNG. My work has...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our property, and the property itself. The water company fitted a new (smart) meter about 4 weeks ago. Now they have contacted us saying we have a leak...
Replies
Views
Good day, I am not a plumber/heating engineer and don't don't tackle plumbing or electrics, having done a bit of both with variable success :). But I am an avid researcher and like to understand how things work and get the best out of them. The Glowworm Combi boiler that was in my small 2 bed...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, just after some advice. So I have a nest thermostat installed an a Worcester boiler. Now when I had my nest installed, the electrician was absolutely horrendous. Leaving dangling wires and all sorts. It did essentially work though. Now it brings me to this morning. So my wife...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock