Search the forum,

Discuss Hi Industrail Sparky here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, ive come from the electricians forums work on the industrial electrical side, Hydraulics and mechanical.

I have an issue with my central heating system, its an old system 8 year old house boiler is an IDEAL ICOS HE12 I have heat on the radiators upstairs but nothing downstairs when I try to bleed them no air in the system, The small radiators downstairs do work but not to there full potentional, the double skin double convector in the living room has heat on the incoming valve it also has a TRV which i've checked isn't sticking, also the kitchen radiator has no heat either, I have fitted a brand new Grundfos central heating pump this has made no difference, been told it could the motorised 2 port's but ive checked for continuity there are ok, I have lived in the house 3 month's first time I tried the heating last week before that the house was empty from last october, also been told it could be a blockage, but the strange thing is the boiler is firing, then cutting out after 15-20mins, i work on industrial boiler im wondering if it maybe the flame electrode? im not sure need a good heating engineer to come and diagnose

im at wombwell, barnsley, s73 8be

cheers Joel

Hi Joel,

your use pump seems to have failed. Upstairs hot and downstairs cold, along with boiler cutting out are all classic symptoms of a failed circulating pump.

That said, it could be the supply to the pump, but as a spark you'll need no advice on how to check that will you!

All the best

Dave

Hi Joel, the system may need balancing. open the lockshield valve and TRV on each downstairs rad fully, and close every lockshield valve fully on all upstairs rads opening them back up by a quarter of a turn, stick the heating on for half an hour and report back.

Oops just saw the OP was from October, guessing he has fixed his problem by now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi Industrail Sparky here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to winter we started putting the central heating on. The central heating has a mind of its on it’s really strange iv never experienced this We put the heating...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock