Search the forum,

Discuss hi everybody, hi dr nick (simpsons nerd) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Jamie Liffen

Gas Engineer
been doing plumbing for 13 year now and gas safe registered for 8, done a bit of everything from house bashing to new build to maintenence.

company i work for has won a new contract doing boiler breakdowns, and proceeded to throw me in at the deep end with lots of work ! boiler breakdowns isnt something ive had much experience in and have joined the forum to gain some knowledge from some of the engineers on here, and share some of the tips and tricks ive picked up along the way .

its funny really fitting boilers is the easy part, pipe em up, commison, done.
then when you come back to a breakdown you havent got a clue how the bloody things work inside ! well im here to learn and improve my skill set :)

Hello and welcome

Welcome along. You definitely are surrounded by good gas safe engineers with loads of knowledge so don’t hesitate to pick the brains of them.

Reply to hi everybody, hi dr nick (simpsons nerd) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
J
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for some advice with regards to a recent (nightmare) new gas boiler install. Our old gas combi boiler needed replacing, so we shopped around and got a deal via BOXT. Our understanding is that BOXT then sub-contract to local...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Hi everybody I'm currently doing my C&G lvl 3. Done lvl 2, Oftec and GSR all within the last 2 years with a view to leaving my army job in the next few years if this all works out. Would love to learn more about Gas boiler breakdowns and repairs.
Replies
Views
Hi all, Well i think this is my first thread ,and you've guessed i have a problem so ill get straight into it. Decided to install some Fernox F3 into my system as i have been cold spots on some radiators,ive used this before and its always done the trick. Anyway i dropped all the water in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, After a bit of a saga with my plumber, I need to chose boiler size as soon as possible, the plumber is not going to do any heat loss calculations or do anything to work out accurately so I am on my own. Appreciate this is not what should be doing but after some level of finger in the air...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock