Search the forum,

Discuss Hi All new member wanting advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be mad i know but I'm going back to plumbing and Gas after a 25 year break. Reason for doing so is to do what i went when i want and not have to put up with the many idiots who call themselves Managers and bosses and mainly to break free from being tied down to 7am to 7pm type hours.

My question is how would you go about building up a customer base to get me started?

Im looking to do mainly repair and maintenance type work before going all out on Heating and bathrooms etc.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers Gary

Hi Gary, no advice I`m afraid but welcome to the forums.

Welcome Gary - other people will have different methods that worked for them but I had some high quality cards printed, full colour, double sided, A6 size with bullet points of what services I offered and contact details.

My wife, daughter and I went out for walks and did a door-to-door drop in my area. Dropped 2,500 cards out of the 10,000 I had printed, and the phone started ringing. Since then it's all been word-of-mouth...

Good luck, hope you find success!

Welcome Gary - other people will have different methods that worked for them but I had some high quality cards printed, full colour, double sided, A6 size with bullet points of what services I offered and contact details.

My wife, daughter and I went out for walks and did a door-to-door drop in my area. Dropped 2,500 cards out of the 10,000 I had printed, and the phone started ringing. Since then it's all been word-of-mouth...

Good luck, hope you find success!

One thing I would add Gary is do your drops in the evenings. By that time most people will have got home, picked up all the pizza and minicab leaflets and binned them. So yours, being on its own, will get looked at. If your is in a pile with all the others, a free newspaper, etc. it will likely just get binned..

One thing to above: Target a large housing development built in past 15 yrs . I can think of some with plastic fittings that would,alone, provide a constant source of work. Boilers will also be needing replacement.

Do your gas and get registered B4 you start throwing lots of money at advertising, other thing is what is the completion like in your area, been away from trade for 25 years a lot of things have changed and it's going to cost you a lot of time & money to get up to speed, don't try to run B4 you can walk, Hell of a lot of completion in this game now compared to 25 years ago. Best of luck , hope it works out for you.

Hi yes I've kept in touch with things and you are right. Im a Project manager at a bathroom company and it surprised me how much things have changed in that area alone. I do have my gas certs now, and I'm not looking to make fortunes but just a steady trickle would do

Many thanks

Hi yes I've kept in touch with things and you are right. Im a Project manager at a bathroom company and it surprised me how much things have changed in that area alone. I do have my gas certs now, and I'm not looking to make fortunes but just a steady trickle would do

Many thanks

Well done with gas certs, and your right in one thing you wont make a fortune , a living yes but where I am to meny doing it, seems every one wants to be a plumber,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi All new member wanting advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock