Search the forum,

Discuss HepvO and Wirquin 90mm Slim Shower Waste (Waterless Membrane) question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbduff

I'm in the process of revamping a bathroom.
At the moment it contains a toilet, basin and bath with an overhead shower.
The basin and toilet share a common waste pipe which feeds into the soil stack behind the toilet.
The soil stack is internal and boxed behind a stud wall in a corner and has solvent weld fittings.
There is only facility for one connection.
I would like to add a separate shower which would need an additional waste outlet.
I'm considering using a Wirquin 90mm slim shower waste (waterless membrane) on the shower, a HepvO trap on the bath and another for the sink to prevent sucking and back flow.
They would be T off into the original 1 1/2" solvent weld single outlet pipe.
Is this a feasible solution, as it would avoid a huge amount of work providing separate waste pipes.

Wirquin 90mm Slim Shower Waste Waterless Membrane

Why choose HepvO? The benefits of a waterless plumbing trap |Wavin UK Blog

I'm in the process of revamping a bathroom.
At the moment it contains a toilet, basin and bath with an overhead shower.
The basin and toilet share a common waste pipe which feeds into the soil stack behind the toilet.
The soil stack is internal and boxed behind a stud wall in a corner and has solvent weld fittings.
There is only facility for one connection.
I would like to add a separate shower which would need an additional waste outlet.
I'm considering using a Wirquin 90mm slim shower waste (waterless membrane) on the shower, a HepvO trap on the bath and another for the sink to prevent sucking and back flow.
They would be T off into the original 1 1/2" solvent weld single outlet pipe.
Is this a feasible solution, as it would avoid a huge amount of work providing separate waste pipes.

Wirquin 90mm Slim Shower Waste Waterless Membrane

Why choose HepvO? The benefits of a waterless plumbing trap |Wavin UK Blog

It is feasible but not ideal. However, if you want to connect it into the original waste run I'd definitely upgrade the pipework to 2" and to the each appliance you can then reduce to 11/2" & 11/4"

I'm wondering if a better solution would be to use a non return valve between the bath and shower and between the shower and sink following the advice of this video below?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcFVDdmDco4

I can't tell you if that's a better solution or not. I have seen few times that the non return did not function as it should, because of trapped hair etc... you will also need access to those non returns because you need to clean them. I also think you require a slop of the drain and once you install the, they will not close properly and stay a little open.

I would either try to connect the waste separate or when connecting all on one pipe upgrade the pipework to 2" and reduce to each appliance

I can't tell you if that's a better solution or not. I have seen few times that the non return did not function as it should, because of trapped hair etc... you will also need access to those non returns because you need to clean them. I also think you require a slop of the drain and once you install the, they will not close properly and stay a little open.

I would either try to connect the waste separate or when connecting all on one pipe upgrade the pipework to 2" and reduce to each appliance

Rather than messing about with dubious fittings, I have decided that the bath and sink should share the same outlet to the soil stack as it has been like that for years without a problem.
The shower will have separate outlet exiting through the wall into the garage roof space down the inside of the wall exiting to the outside drain.
The pipe run will 4.5M be mostly vertical with 45 degrees section and one horizontal section on a slant.
Nor sure whether 50mm would be advantageous over 40mm waste pipe though ?

Which waste trap on the shower are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HepvO and Wirquin 90mm Slim Shower Waste (Waterless Membrane) question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside diameter euro pipe size outlet. I need to attach it to a 40mm UK size waste pipe and would prefer to solvent weld it as the pipe will be under a tiled...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, please see my attached diagrams One is the current layout And one is where I propose to add another boss to add a shower waste. This horizontal run is below floorboards but I can't get to the TEE or under the tee to add a boss vertically. ( the current Bath is bossed way in...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm currently doing the pre-planning for my next DIY project fitting a shower tray and enclosure from scratch. I'm confident of being able to do the job but not being a plumber not sure the best way to go about it so would appreciate any advice. The current upstairs room has a black waste...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock