Search the forum,

Discuss Hep2o to radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Ktm640

Hi All,

I am in the process of fitting a new central heating system to our house.

I intend to run the flow and return pipes in Hep2o but wanted some advice on connecting to the radiators.

Would you always connect to the rads in copper? I have read you can take 15mm Hep2o branches off the flow and returns to the rads but would you recommend taking it all the way or change to copper before final connection to the rads?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Change to copper before the final connections to the radiators.

Plastic looks horrible and it bends when it's hot - which makes it look even worse.

I thought that might be the case. Our house has solid floors downstairs so I will be changing to copper just above the ceiling and dropping the legs down the walls in copper. For the upstairs I will be using short risers in copper from just below the floorboards.

That's the plan at the moment anyway.

Can you see any issue with using plastic between the floor and ceiling void and copper where it's visible?

Many Thanks

I thought that might be the case. Our house has solid floors downstairs so I will be changing to copper just above the ceiling and dropping the legs down the walls in copper. For the upstairs I will be using short risers in copper from just below the floorboards.

That's the plan at the moment anyway.

Can you see any issue with using plastic between the floor and ceiling void and copper where it's visible?

Many Thanks

I see no problems, this is the normal practise..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hep2o to radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat up but they are all connected via what I assume is Hep2O nothing is labled on the pipes that route behind the rad just on the flap behind the rad...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System was flushed just last year. Both flow and return values are fully open and don't stick. Boiler is serviced each year. Baxi combi boiler about 8 ton9...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved into a house which has cellar within which is a radiator which is part of the central heating system. The rad looks old, rusty and horrible as does the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock