Search the forum,

Discuss Hep2o plastic pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dickie

Anyone else think that 15,22 & 28mm of the above is bloody hard to cut?? Even with brand new cutters it's still very difficult to cut.
Your thoughts please.

I like the rotary pipe slices but use a ratchet cutter most of the time. The jg speedfit cutters seem excellent too when I borrowed a pair

never had any problems bud i use the rothenberger cutters that turn them slightly and i get no hassles

I dont like the ratchet type cutters, i have the blue irwin cutters, twist them slightly as you cut and their perfect, great for cutting condense too

Thanks guys for the input, I'll buy a few sets of the Irwin cutters for our chaps.

Probably your limp wrist hampering you. You need to do some wrist strengthening exercises.

Thanks guys for the input, I'll buy a few sets of the Irwin cutters for our chaps.

Plastic pipe sharp cutters and there me thinking you new everything DICK
Maybe the RATS you like can sell you some
Or even screwfix can let you back in

Give the cutters a little twist so they cut into the pipe and not squash it. That way can fit the inserts easily and the fitting will push on easier.

As I found out the other day with the monument cutters. Mark with pencil and not finger. Sliced through thumb, which was nice

Anyone else think that 15,22 & 28mm of the above is bloody hard to cut?? Even with brand new cutters it's still very difficult to cut.
Your thoughts please.

Isn't plastic for cc/ccc's

;)

most plastics need about the same effort to cut through in my experience. 28mm is always very hard with the small sized cutters.

As I found out the other day with the monument cutters. Mark with pencil and not finger. Sliced through thumb, which was nice

If you twist your thumb as you're cutting it you'll get a nice clean cut and can just use a speedfit connector to refit the end of it.

What sort of 39 years in the trade plumber doesn't know how to cut through plastic pipe, what have you been doing up to now , burning it off with your lighter :lol:

why is it because the majority of you plastic surgeons cant cut strait ?

Ooh that cuts deep! How many fitters still cut copper tube with a hacksaw and remove burrs from outside opposed to a pipe slice?

When pipe sizing is done its on a clean burr free tube? Apprentices can't seem to grasp that the 4mm u loose on 22mm is important. ??

Plastic is for house bashers and people who can't be bothered to bend. Excluding ufh.

That is against MIs

http://i.*********/pwLQP11.jpg

You could use an old bow saw or bite it off if you like as long as you clean the cut.
The reason they say use a blade cutter is its easier for the brain dead to get clean cuts that don't catch the o ring. No other reason.

Ooh that cuts deep! How many fitters still cut copper tube with a hacksaw and remove burrs from outside opposed to a pipe slice?

When pipe sizing is done its on a clean burr free tube? Apprentices can't seem to grasp that the 4mm u loose on 22mm is important. ??

Plastic is for house bashers and people who can't be bothered to bend. Excluding ufh.
mainly use copper and i can easily cut that strait plastic is half the effort to get a strait cut

I was cutting my 3/4 pipe with a junior on tuesday because as usual my new pipeslices (kopex), just bought on monday are shyte and the wheel won't spring forward and i stupidly took my old ones out the van on monday night.

Btw if they are loosing 4mm on a cut buy them a wheel :wink: :lol:

You could use an old bow saw or bite it off if you like as long as you clean the cut.
The reason they say use a blade cutter is its easier for the brain dead to get clean cuts that don't catch the o ring. No other reason.

I was told that the jagged edge left by a hacksaw can snag on the o-ring.....

Like you say instructions for the brain dead :)

I was cutting my 3/4 pipe with a junior on tuesday because as usual my new pipeslices (kopex), just bought on monday are shyte and the wheel won't spring forward and i stupidly took my old ones out the van on monday night.

Btw if they are loosing 4mm on a cut buy them a wheel :wink: :lol:

Use m18 hacksall ad get perfect full bore cuts all day long. Monument slices seem to last longest all others tramline.

All the pipe slices are junk these days. Made by accountants.
The £3 ones from bes last just as long as kopex/ rothy's monuments and those things they sell in grahams or whatever. Tried them all.
My first set of slices 20 odd years ago lasted me about 3 years (with a few wheels). Now i'm going through 3 - 4 sets a year.
I've just ordered 10 sets (5 x 15 and 5 x 22 for £35) of the tornado ones from bes which should last a year or so. (they come with a spare wheel too )
My old freebie plastic pipe cutter will last another 10 years at least for all i use it.

All the pipe slices are junk these days. Made by accountants.
The £3 ones from bes last just as long as kopex/ rothy's monuments and those things they sell in grahams or whatever. Tried them all.
My first set of slices 20 odd years ago lasted me about 3 years (with a few wheels). Now i'm going through 3 - 4 sets a year.
I've just ordered 10 sets (5 x 15 and 5 x 22 for £35) of the tornado ones from bes which should last a year or so. (they come with a spare wheel too )
My old freebie plastic pipe cutter will last another 10 years at least for all i use it.

I had a tear when I finally got rid of my original kopex slices. 1997 - 2000ish / few new wheels and lots if tlc.

Dickie sorry to hear about ur mother. Words don't really help but know how u feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hep2o plastic pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock