Search the forum,

Discuss Help with Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I need a little advice.
With the current weather the boiler at my girlfriends kept going into error mode last night and from what I can see the following has happened.

The condenser out goes into a waste pipe with a U Bend, the said U bend then had the wasing machine waste pushed into the top, as this used to sometimes come out and spill water I put a fixing on the top that allowed the washing machine waste to push fit.
I now realise what a very bad move that was as the waste froze outside and of course now with knowhere to go when the washing machine tried to empty, it pumped the water straight back up the boiler condenser pipe and into the boiler.
When I arrived last night I disconnected the waste and drained all the water out of the pipe including the condenser siphon, the RCD that was in the fuseboard connected to the Boiler had tripped so I dried it all and reconnected power, nothing has tripped but the boiler tries repeatedly to fire then after 4 of 5 attempts goes into error mode.
Can anyone advise anything I can try?
I appreciate I need a repair man but we cannot get hold of anyone on the emergency helpline we have with boiler cover I am presuming with our current conditions weather etc, there is more than likely a backlog.
So to summarise.
Combi Boiler Worcester Bosch greenstar 24
Basically washing machine pumped it water that went straight up the condenser and flooded boiler.
I have drained all pipes and the condenser siphon (opend the cap at the bottom)
Boiler now resets and goes through all the motions but just will not fire?
We are repeatedly trying to get through on the call out service but in the mean time if anyone can help with any ideas I could try please do.

Depending how much water was pumped into the hex, the gas valve could need looking at
Is the condense pipe connected back up?

Disconnect it and let it run into a bucket/bowl and reset it again
If it still fails, you'll need a GSR plumber to take a look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
A
I have a greenstar 35cdi combi boiler that when the thermostat calls for heat. It will fire up heat to temp and then drop down to 41* on the boiler display and then kick back in again. I have checked all wiring and the zone valves. What else could it be? anyone seen this before
Replies
Views
Nicholas
N
Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting,. So I have set all the little timer switches to ON and the boiler does work then. Any help or source for a new clock would be great. TIA
Replies
Views
I have an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 29CDi Classic boiler. I replaced the old thermostat controller with a smart dual-channel HIVE one. I did all the wiring following the diagram in the attached picture. The boiler doesn't work anymore. Please, any suggestions?
Replies
Views
Just had a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Ri fitted with the magnetic filter. When the system is running the boiler is so quiet but there is a sound of trickling water through the filter, loud enough to hear quite clearly and is pretty annoying. I wouldn't of thought trapped air would sound...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock