Search the forum,

Discuss Help with unvented cylinders central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's bad :eek:. Has anyone had a response from hotun? If so what did they say?

Yep only tested to 18lpm

Tbh. Something massively wrong if one of the relief valves are passing that amount. I bet the standard ones can't take that either.

Tbh. Something massively wrong if one of the relief valves are passing that amount. I bet the standard ones can't take that either.

Just fully open and stnd tun should be fine

Done my unvented in the end so all qualed now however, before my course i rang gas safe who can advise on building reg G3 who said that as long as your not installing an unvented cylinder, then it is completly fine to work on it and change components!!! This is how companies get around it......although the instrucror on the course said they are talking Rubbish!!! Very grey! Non the less i have the qual now

Your tutor is correct

If gas safes logic transfers that means you can repair gas appliance eg boilers without needing to be qualified

So all hot water installations are notifiable...
unless testing and adjustment is not possible, or would not affect the energy efficiency of the fixed building service
Surely, then, that would apply to a normal, old fashioned, DHW cylinder? What can I adjust and test except the thermostat? The main energy efficiency (seeing as the cylinder always comes pre-insulated) would be in the proper horizontal run before the vent and the pipe lagging; the safety lies in the design of pipework. Both of which would be 'tested' by visual inspection, certainly not 'adjusted' in any way.
If I'm wrong, of course, then this makes a mockery of the C&G level 2 assessment in which you must design, install, and remove a hot water cylinder and header tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with unvented cylinders central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock