Search the forum,

Discuss Help with sizing radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher buzzard

Gas Engineer
Evening all. A customer has had a conservatory built about a year ago and with a small electric heater, heating it. He now wants it taken out and a radiator plumbed in. The room measures 2.7 x 2.3 x 2.3H with a slight pitch to the roof. The wall the rad will hang on is brick but the other 3 walls are glass aswell as the roof. I've never had to size up a radiator in a conservatory before and don't want to undersize the rad and he says it's too cold in the winter. I know the room will never heat up and hold the heat like a traditional room with 4 solid walls but would just like your advice. Many thanks in advance.

half a brick wall the rest upvc or a fully brick one?

1 Full brick wall which is the side of the house. The other 3 are top to bottom upvc. Not sitting on half brick if that makes sense

looking around 3.2kw needed so oversize if you can

Wow. Just looked. Gonna need to be a big rad but not enough wall space for it. Door on the brick wall into the conservatory. Max I can go is 600H x 1000mmL. Back to the drawing board.

Got agree with the kopsta above , if not a small air con unit will work a treat .
Morning Town need a small air con unìt for a loft office it needs to be just a supply and exhaust model no outdoor unit any recommendations ? Cheers kop

Morning Town need a small air con unìt for a loft office it needs to be just a supply and exhaust model no outdoor unit any recommendations ? Cheers kop

I fitted one up the road a while ago , but customer supplied it, I think he got it off his neighbour . TBH I was well impressed with it , doddle to fit, one will work a treat in your office

@KOP

I've had one of these running in the heat without a blip, you can order via amazon (more expensive) or direct to their website. I'm not experienced with air conditioners but it's German and seems well made, delivered in 5 days without fuss and I found comparable in price with similar spec devices from other manufacturers.

Professional product solutions all around air conditioning - TROTEC

Last edited:
I fitted one up the road a while ago , but customer supplied it, I think he got it off his neighbour . TBH I was well impressed with it , doddle to fit, one will work a treat in your office

What did you do for the exhaust, a door/window seal or core drill an outlet?

What did you do for the exhaust, a door/window seal or core drill an outlet?

Just cored the outlet , and it was next to a plug socket , just plugged it in lol , theres a small little coni pipe as well , but very little comes out . It doesnt have to do the old 75 mm trap , soil pipe , soakaway etc etc lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with sizing radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock