Search the forum,

Discuss Help with Gazco studio 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alexis

hi I hope you can help. We have recently had a gazco studio 2 open fronted fire fitted.we also bought the granite inserts. However the flames are not 'straight' - they lean to the back of the fire. This means the granite is being burned and black carbon deposits are being left. What could be causing this? Thanks in advance. A.

You need to urgently get the gas engineer who fitted your fire back, and till then do not use it

Standard on the Gazco fires unfortunately if in doubt contact Gazco on
01392 261950.
The other thing to do is switch the fire on and turn it to low straight away for 10/15mins to allow the granite to heat up slowly stops it cracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with Gazco studio 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at time it kind of working, only for one at time (and partially hot), depending on the priority in the system. We contacted Valliant for assistance...
Replies
Views
Hey all Looking for a consensus on an issue that has arisen. Disclaimer is that my ideal icos 12 boiler Is over 10 years old but has been serviced. It has been presenting intermittent flame issues in sub zero temperatures however I found that insulating the pipe work around the gas regulator...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented cylinder. One of the attic rads is in the same zone as the cylinder so just has a "dumb" TRV on it. The two bathroom rads also remain without TRVs and I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock