Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Help with Gas Safe? in the Plumbing Courses area at

  1. WaterPlumber

    WaterPlumber New Member

    I've been in the plumbing game about 5 years, earning my living with plumbing repairs & maintenance (rad installs, taps, inlet valves... the usual).

    I've got a NVQ Level 2 in Plumbing Craft that my dad put me through when I worked as his apprentice as a bathroom fitter.

    What do I need to study to get ACS?

    It's pretty confusing - do I need to spend time alongside another engineer and take NVW Level 3 Gas Installations?

    Any help, advice or personal experience on what path I should take is greatly appreciately

  2. Simon F

    Simon F Trusted Plumber GSR

    you need to get in touch with your local college or whatever center you would be using.
    Find out what courses they run and the requirements.

    You will need to be working with someone to get a portfolio of gas work.
Similar Threads - Help Safe Forum Date
bpec gas safety course require help Plumbing Forum Feb 6, 2018
Help with draining down system Central Heating Forum Yesterday at 3:00 PM