Search the forum,

Discuss Help with flushing towel rail system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had our house re-plumbed about 9 years ago with a sealed system with solar thermal panels. (We also had new boiler installation 5 years ago). Wanting to re-decorate the main bathroom I was surprised to see on removing the towel rail that the air vent plug at the top was corroded (the sealed system was suppose to have inhibitor in it).

I'm now thinking I need to clean it out before putting in new inhibitor. The towel rail is one of three and operates on a different timer to the radiators and underfloor heating. My question therefore is whether the towel rail is on its own closed loop system and therefore I am only treating the three towel rails (which I can drain from a towel rail in a downstairs shower), or whether it is connected to the main heating system in which case will I need to re-treat the whole system? I have F5 Express which may be overkill for the cleaning and F1 as the inhibitor.

Hopefully I have given sufficient information for someone to be able to answer the question or to give me guidance as to how to find out!

nope there all on the same system / same water

hope this help

5 year old inhibitor will need topping up/replacing
Fit a new plug&vent to the towel rail, might be a tiny leak causing corrosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with flushing towel rail system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock