Discuss Help with bacteria in header tank....biocide?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an open vented CH system and it has been on my to do list to drain down and add cleaner. I have used Fernox products in the past but recently bought Corgi branded cleaner, inhibitor and boiler silencer at a good price from Toolstation. Prior to draining down I went into the loft to clean out the F&E tank. On previous cleans it has had a layer of brown scum on the surface of the water, but this time the water was brown with awful larger brown pieces of material and what look like wildlife. I cleaned out, wiped with bleach before draining and adding the cleaner. The tank has a jacket and a lid. From researching today it would seem that adding biocide once all inhibitor is added and air is drained is the way to go.
I know Fernox do a product but wanted to try the Corgi stuff as it is really good value. I know you should always try and keep water treatments the same manufacturer but wondered about either adding another bottle of inhibitor to the full tank or adding the Fernox?? I'd also see some of this
C100B Central Heating Inhibitor with Biocide
Any advice would be great thanks

Personally never introduced a biocide into a open vented system , and please do not leave inhibitor in the feed and expansion tank it will turn to a glupy mess, keep the system clean drain refill and vent every 5 years adding fresh inhibitor stick to 1 chemical manufacturer only fresh clean water in the header tank with a vented close fitting lid and insulated jacket . cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with bacteria in header tank....biocide?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back