Search the forum,

Discuss Help with advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ERSplumb

Hi all

Wondered if anyone can help me, I set up self employed last year after working for a plumbing and heating firm in the leeds area. I have not had a bad go advertising in local ad mags and yell but have not generated as much work as I would like to. I know we are in a resection and a lot of trades are struggling but I also know other plumbers that are busy, but don't want to share there info.

Could someone tell me the best ways to advertise, where to find subcontract work. It would be much appreciated

Thanks

Leaflets !!! Get them printed and deliver them on your quiet days ! You will get calls months from now from leaflets delivers ages ago ! Also write a portfolio and print that up and go talk to business that u want work from ! Show them ur services !

The two things that have worked for me are leaflets through doors but carefully targeted i.e. 15-25 year old properties where bathrooms are getting tired and unfashionable and ads in newsagent windows.

In my opinion Business cards are more effective than leaflets, it looks more professional and isnt instant bin material, many dont look at leaflets but they will usually read a business card.
Get on to Trading Standards and find out what your local 'Help Direct' scheme is, (ours is the Safe Trader Scheme in Lancashire), its free and they give you forms to get referrals off your customers, be warned though, if you do a bad job, they wont hide a bad review for you.
A good website is very important these days, we dont do any other form of advertising but are always getting new business, of course the best advertising of all is quality, honesty and fairness. Hope this helps, good luck.

i always keep a staedy stream of cards in newsagent windows as you quite often see people browsing through the ads whilst hubby or wifey pick up odds and sods inside.
also gumtree and vivastreet have got me the odd job here and there

Always leave plenty of business cards with every job you do.and make a point of telling your customers that you get most of your work from recommendations.get your customers to remember you if you get a job from a previous customer text them just simple saying thank you and they will remember and talk about it to there friends and family = more work.also remember if you have been recommended by a previous customer the odds are they will use you we have been trading 4 years and 90 per cent of are work is from previous customers or recommendations.we do do a little advert in a local mag but only brings in a couple of jobs a week but does give you new customer base.Depending on your budget for advertising buy cards in bulk 1p a card ,sticky cards in bulk 2p,different things work for different company's .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and rather dated Heatmiser DT thermostats. One of the upstairs zones is combined for the bedroom/dressing room. So that's 2 rooms, 2 manifolds, but one...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial market (i.e. tendering to main contractors flats etc). My background is a commercial manager, I use to do plumbing years back so technically I would not...
Replies
Views
I run a small plumbing and heating company. I am looking for a commercial gas engineer to help out with a few call outs, servicing, safety checks etc. Most work around London, Kent, Surrey, Sussex area. Ideally looking for someone self employed or another small business who could work...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's found it challenging trying to find a place to work, or gain experience in order to obtain my nvq level 2 even though I've passed my level 2 diploma 2...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all I'm a limited company that's been running for 12 years and I have a lot of ongoing work, 99% commercial, and a lot of it plumbing, in London and the Southeast I'm looking for an experienced self employed engineer (or another ltd company like myself), own transport, tools etc. good rates...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock